Home

Batting controls preference

This is a discussion on Batting controls preference within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

DirtySouth12's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon5 Timing, zone, or analog

What's up guys I'm new to the show just switched over from Xbox in November. I'm currently using the default zone to hit but I'm struggling to get the zone in the right spots. I usually just don't move the zone and leave it in the center. I'm wondering what everyone else uses and if I should just keep working on the zone or switch to timing or analog.

Last edited by DirtySouth12; 05-12-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Timing, zone, or analog

For the first 15 games of my franchise I was using timing and I just couldn't get as many hits as I wanted, so I switched over to zone. I have been crushing using zone hitting now and I'll never look back. I usually move the zone up in 3-0,3-1,3-2 counts while generally keeping the zone in the middle yet slightly down for the other counts. Using left handed batters vs a left handed pitcher I move the zone to the left a bit since it always seems they pitch me away. If you feel like you know a pitch is going a certain way, I would move the zone over by the area. You'll miss using these methods every now and then, but when you hit the ball, it's hard hit. Another thing about timing I noticed was that I was missing balls that should be crushed(huge reason for switching to zone). I would give zone a few more tries but if it doesn't work out I would mix it up and find a way to hit you like.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Batting controls preference

Analog for me.

It's the only thing that feels natural to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »