Home

Any reason to control all 30 teams?

This is a discussion on Any reason to control all 30 teams? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #9
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Any reason to control all 30 teams?

Okay, I'm doing 30-team control. But I can't remember which options I need to set to auto and which one's I need to keep manual. And isn't there a way to set it for all teams quickly, rather than going in team-by-team and setting auto on every option?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'm glad I did because the trade logic is just horrific.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:13 AM   #11
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

What sucks with 30 team control is that u have to sim all the "CPU" controlled team games prior to your own game in order to see out of town scores. This side of 30 team control is very cumbersome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 12:19 AM   #12
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
What sucks with 30 team control is that u have to sim all the "CPU" controlled team games prior to your own game in order to see out of town scores. This side of 30 team control is very cumbersome
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I don't mind that too much though. But I'm stuck in these options menus. They are a bit confusing to say the least. I have two profiles. One that has everything set to manual that I use for the Cubs and another called "CPU All Auto" that has everything set to auto. But when I switch to another team besides the Cubs and go into the "game specific options" is says that everything is manual. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to manually injure players like we could the past couple years. In the end I just want to make sure that the CPU isn't pulling crazy and insane trades and that big league players don't get stuck in the minors. That's really the primary reason I like 30-team control. But I'm starting to question if it's too much.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Make sure you have associated the CPU All Auto profile with all of the other teams. There is a tab/box in the profile part where you can do that.

Also, when you are checking the Game Specific Options, make sure you're actually looking at the other profile... I made that mistake early on.

Watch me play video games
Old 05-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #14
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0

With regards to seeing other game's score updates in your game do you need to sim every game for that day one at a time or is there another method.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:05 AM   #15
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
With regards to seeing other game's score updates in your game do you need to sim every game for that day one at a time or is there another method.

Thanks.
Not sure if there's another way, but it only takes about 30-45 seconds to manually simulate those games.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #16

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I don't mind that too much though. But I'm stuck in these options menus. They are a bit confusing to say the least. I have two profiles. One that has everything set to manual that I use for the Cubs and another called "CPU All Auto" that has everything set to auto. But when I switch to another team besides the Cubs and go into the "game specific options" is says that everything is manual. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to manually injure players like we could the past couple years. In the end I just want to make sure that the CPU isn't pulling crazy and insane trades and that big league players don't get stuck in the minors. That's really the primary reason I like 30-team control. But I'm starting to question if it's too much.
To manually injure players you simply go into game options I believe and turn injuries to manual, exit, go into disabled list and press R1 then cycle teams until you get to the player you want to injure. I dont have the game in front of me and its late so hopefully the info I provided was accurate enough to help, the option to manually injure players is definitely still there as I did it with Medlen, Beachy, Matt Harvey and A-Rod to simulate his season long suspension.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »