Home

Player lock

This is a discussion on Player lock within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Player lock

I think being able to lock onto more than one player would be a great idea. Just make it like already mentioned where you choose 1 player to field, and up to 5 or so batters.

I really like the player lock feature, it allows me to have an impact on a game and get through one in about 5 mins, which is great. Usually I will lock onto someone who is in a slump and try to get them out of it. Between the player lock and quick counts, I am going to be a part of games I would have otherwise simmed during my franchise. I love doing multiple years and the 162 game season is just too much to play every game.

This would be a great idea, and the more freedom we have on how we play the game, the better.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #10
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
I think being able to lock onto more than one player would be a great idea. Just make it like already mentioned where you choose 1 player to field, and up to 5 or so batters.

I really like the player lock feature, it allows me to have an impact on a game and get through one in about 5 mins, which is great. Usually I will lock onto someone who is in a slump and try to get them out of it. Between the player lock and quick counts, I am going to be a part of games I would have otherwise simmed during my franchise. I love doing multiple years and the 162 game season is just too much to play every game.

This would be a great idea, and the more freedom we have on how we play the game, the better.
I agree, hopefully that is implemented for next year.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
You have separate lock options for hitting and fielding. I could choose to control 3 batters, but choose to control all pitching and fielding.
So you basically want to play the entire game but only hit with 3 of 9 guys? Why don't you just sim for the batters you don't want to use? Isn't that possible or am I just confused.....

Don't get me wrong, I would like to lock on to more than one guy and I was just thinking about that last night, just trying to possibly help you get where you want to go with a work-around.

Last edited by BA2929; 05-14-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #12
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

I've been using PL more and more recently. I'm having a lot of fun playing with Giancarlo Stanton..no other Marlin with worthy unless Jose Fernandez is pitching on that particular day.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
So you basically want to play the entire game but only hit with 3 of 9 guys? Why don't you just sim for the batters you don't want to use? Isn't that possible or am I just confused.....

Don't get me wrong, I would like to lock on to more than one guy and I was just thinking about that last night, just trying to possibly help you get where you want to go with a work-around.
That is what I did last year, but sometimes you missed the at bats of the guys you wanted to use, a lot of times actually. It would be much better for it to just fast forward to their at bat and stop there.

Last edited by CJ10; 05-14-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #14
Rookie

shaneomac's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
So its no better than RTTS, whats the point? I thought there would finally be a way to make franchise fun for me this year.
It's much better than RTTS in my opinion. The point is you can play the same as RTTS but with all the control of franchise. It's the best of both worlds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »