Home

Old 05-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
Rookie

SamDezzy43's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB Newbie

Just purchased MLB PS4, and it is downloading. Now, I'm a die hard NFL fan, have been for years.
The game looks amazing, but I know nothing about baseball. But I really do want to get into this game gradually and be able to really get immersed in it, and play franchise and RTTS etc. I know nothing about teams or players. Please help me, and maybe give me tips on what to do first.
Much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 07:42 AM   #2
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDezzy43
Just purchased MLB PS4, and it is downloading. Now, I'm a die hard NFL fan, have been for years.
The game looks amazing, but I know nothing about baseball. But I really do want to get into this game gradually and be able to really get immersed in it, and play franchise and RTTS etc. I know nothing about teams or players. Please help me, and maybe give me tips on what to do first.
Much appreciated
Hello Sam!

I'm a big baseball fan from Hungary, Europe. I knew nothing about the rules of the game, the players anything, before I bought MLB 11 The Show, but I never turned back since.

On a sunny May afternoon I walked by my favourite game store and saw a copy of the Show on the used games shelf. I decided to buy the game with half price, to get a taste of baseball.

I advise you to start playing franchise with a team that is likeable for you. Use dynamic difficulty (new for 14) and just play the game. Things will happen, that you won't understand, but don't worry pause the game and use google/wikipedia. First, learn the basic rules of the game, than learn how to manage the team.

After that if you have an apple device, buy MLB at Bat on apple store, and start watching real games.

You are going to fall in love with baseball and you won't care about any other sport. That's it
Old 05-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Welcome, enjoy the game.

What to do first? Set the game to Dynamic Difficulty, go to Exhibition and mess around a bit. Not only will you get a feel for the game, but you'll also get to visit all of the amazing ballparks that make this game such a visual treat.

I second the MLB At Bat recommendation. It's awesome.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Robmia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDezzy43

Much appreciated

Welcome and enjoy mlb the show your gonna love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12

Welcome to the greatest game on Earth, Sam! Baseball and MLB The Show.

I second or third what everyone else has already said. Set the difficulty to Dynamic, I would recommend the hitting and pitching view to "Catcher" as well. I think that plays best for new folks, and I honestly still use that view.

For hitting, I believe Timing would be best for a newcomer, also.

Start up Exhibition games between different teams, see some different ballparks, and enjoy yourself!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Hello Sam!

I'm a big baseball fan from Hungary, Europe. I knew nothing about the rules of the game, the players anything, before I bought MLB 11 The Show, but I never turned back since.

On a sunny May afternoon I walked by my favourite game store and saw a copy of the Show on the used games shelf. I decided to buy the game with half price, to get a taste of baseball.

I advise you to start playing franchise with a team that is likeable for you. Use dynamic difficulty (new for 14) and just play the game. Things will happen, that you won't understand, but don't worry pause the game and use google/wikipedia. First, learn the basic rules of the game, than learn how to manage the team.

After that if you have an apple device, buy MLB at Bat on apple store, and start watching real games.

You are going to fall in love with baseball and you won't care about any other sport. That's it
I've got to be honest. I really enjoyed reading this post.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

However, I would recommend using alanog hitting and pitching (not pure, just analog) and switching off guess pitch right from the start.

Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk használatával
Old 05-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

like you I am not a big fan or MLB...dont watch it either... bought this game because this is my MLB: The Show....didnt play PS3...but I never regret picking this up.

Like what the other post said, try using Dynamic (Difficulty setting)...and play RTTS. Since I dont know much about the teams and the in's and outs of handling franchise with MLB, try doing RTTS so you can have the "feel" of the game. You can do the RTTS while still figuring out other teams. This is what I am doing now...since I live near Seattle, I know trying to get familiar with the team. Perhaps when I get the hang of it and know more about Franchise mode...then I'll do that mode.

Enjoy....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »