LF 4 57.14%
RF 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What's Better CF LF or RF

I tried CF and RF I was wondering is there any way where the ball doesn't always go over ur head cause I keep mistracking the ball. Anything in RTTS Settings. First to 3 votes wins. Please tell me why u chose that position for me and if outfields the way to go and the secrets out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's Better CF LF or RF

I picked LF because it is a position that doesn't have as many great players as CF and RF. I also picked it because my favorite team is the Dodgers and they already have Kemp and Puig at CF and RF respectively.

For the ball going over your head, it will happen no matter what OF position you pick. It's really just practice, what are your fielding ratings?
Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Rookie

PattyJ's Arena

Left field so you can play it off the green monstah. Also left field has the best opportunity for gunning someone out at the plate - it's the shortest distance to home.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

I like CF cuz it's the most important outfield position defensively, and it's rare to find a player who excels both offensively and defensively at CF so it feels more "historic" I guess when you can have a player in CF hitting 40+ homers and winning a golden glove.

When I've played a corner outfield spot I feel less involved and less vital to my team's success.

I pretty much always either roll with CF or SS because they're the most important defensive positions after Catcher
Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Imo, LF gets the most opportunities by far. And throwing someone out is a blast..plus that's where the Tigers need the most help.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

jeff257's Arena

I picked RF for my first character because that is the position I played growing up. I do still have to deal with some hits going over my head but most of the time I actually get the jump because I watch it off the bat and judge which way the prompt will end up pointing me too. Also I never actually move up when it prompts me too because 4 out of 5 times it will go over my head and I won't get the out. Very rarely does something land in front of me if I move up. In fact a lot of time I have dnided moving up and had the ball basically hit right next to me so I just have to move over some for the easy out.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJ
Also left field has the best opportunity for gunning someone out at the plate - it's the shortest distance to home.
That depends on the ballpark. In KC and stadiums that are symmetrical the distance to home from left and right are the same.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #8
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
That depends on the ballpark. In KC and stadiums that are symmetrical the distance to home from left and right are the same.
That's how it is in most ballparks IIRC. Fenway is just really poorly designed from a purely defensive perspective, I think it's technically in violation of MLB's regulations in field size but no one actually follows the guidelines let alone a 75 year old park.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »