Home

Building up young players.....

This is a discussion on Building up young players..... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Building up young players.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsujoseph
If you rush them to the MLB they lose potential? Ha that is awesome!
They could because if they are not ready they may struggle. Potential is now dynamic in that if a player has been hot or cold for an extended period of time it could change their potential.

So by playing that A potential guy early it could backfire.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickryan39
Wait so you actually play the training? Cause I see some of the options are batting cages or auto batting cages? If I don't set it on auto and just set it on batting cages and don't actually do it does that mean nothing happens? Sorry if these are dumb questions haha
From my experience, when it says "auto" that's what the CPU determines is the best training for them to do and that's the only auto on the list. If you change it, the auto is removed.

I've never done any training for any of my players manually, but I could be missing something.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
From my experience, when it says "auto" that's what the CPU determines is the best training for them to do and that's the only auto on the list. If you change it, the auto is removed.

I've never done any training for any of my players manually, but I could be missing something.
Generally auto is a bad idea in my experience as it often just defaults to their lowest rated skill. I don't think you want your 40 speed catcher working on his base stealing. It probably takes position into effect though. I know that when you start RTTS your rating minimum varies by position so it probably goes by that same template.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #12
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Generally auto is a bad idea in my experience as it often just defaults to their lowest rated skill. I don't think you want your 40 speed catcher working on his base stealing. It probably takes position into effect though. I know that when you start RTTS your rating minimum varies by position so it probably goes by that same template.
My post was worded poorly.

I never leave it on Auto unless its a guy I just don't care about or the CPU has it where I would put it personally. It takes 5 seconds a guy to change it, so that's what I do.

When I said "manually" I meant I never have to actually DO the training. No BP manually, for example.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
My post was worded poorly.

I never leave it on Auto unless its a guy I just don't care about or the CPU has it where I would put it personally. It takes 5 seconds a guy to change it, so that's what I do.

When I said "manually" I meant I never have to actually DO the training. No BP manually, for example.
Ah, gotcha.

I myself am still trying to work out how often to change up the training. I started out changing each month but I am starting to think I should only change once a year.

Train a guy in one area up until the All Star break and then switch.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #14
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0

Now about coaches...

Just started my franchise(simmed ST,1st week) and and most of my pitchers have already lost one point in control,velocity,break *(bullpen session). Do you think this has anything to do with coaches or something else.

* they weren't doing bullpen sessions, its what those ratings fall under in training.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:20 PM   #15
All Star

franch1se's Arena

I haven't tried yet in this years version, and some may consider it "cheating" but in previous Show versions if you have a player get hot, if you stashed them in single A while hot they would stay hot all year since no games are played and their stats go up faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #16
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I haven't tried yet in this years version, and some may consider it "cheating" but in previous Show versions if you have a player get hot, if you stashed them in single A while hot they would stay hot all year since no games are played and their stats go up faster.
There is no need for workarounds like this, any longer, right? You can simply go in and edit a player's potential if you wish.

Last edited by Pandetta; 05-15-2014 at 11:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »