Home

Building up young players.....

This is a discussion on Building up young players..... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #17
Rookie

newmich's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Building up young players.....

Does anyone know what categories should be focused on the most? Like for a SP is clutch important or should I focus on Control, K/9, or Stamina first? I'm running into problems with my pitchers because I sim a looooot and I don't know what attributes I should key on first.

Same with my hitters. Should I get their vision and disc. up first or should I focus on contact right away?

Thumbs up to whoever created this thread. It has been helpful thus far.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks! I have been pretty addicted to my franchise since its ALL young guys. Once I was back like 15 games I decided to rebuild and go through every team and find guys with either A or B potential that are at least a 70 and anywhere from ages 19-23 and trade for them. So that's what most of my team is now.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #19
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Does anyone know if the glitch still works where you take a hot player, move him to single A and just keep him their for the entire season? Thanks!

Old 05-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #20
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmich
Does anyone know what categories should be focused on the most? Like for a SP is clutch important or should I focus on Control, K/9, or Stamina first? I'm running into problems with my pitchers because I sim a looooot and I don't know what attributes I should key on first.

Same with my hitters. Should I get their vision and disc. up first or should I focus on contact right away?
H/9 is probably the most important for pitchers with K/9 and BB/9 closest. For hitters, contact means more line drives and vision means less K's. Power means more walks and HR's so I'd say a combination of those are the most important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
Does anyone know if the glitch still works where you take a hot player, move him to single A and just keep him their for the entire season? Thanks!
No need, just edit the potential as someone already stated.

Last edited by rjackson; 05-16-2014 at 11:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »