Home

Things you want fixed in a patch.

This is a discussion on Things you want fixed in a patch. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #49
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Things you want fixed in a patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensland
Now that's you've mentioned it I've just noticed. Not sure if those cuts were intended, or perhaps they've just flat out forgotten about it, especially considering they did claim the stadiums were built from scratch.

Nothing game breaking, but Wrigley's atmosphere did take a hit compared to previous years IMO.
Considering that they it's present in the PS3 version...but seems to be absent from the PS4 version......wouldn't that give more credence to the "claim" that they are indeed built from scratch(why would anyone even doubt this?)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 24

There's some really minor things I'd like to see improved at some point, such as the new menu overlay in the roster screen, which feels really awkward and hard to sift through.

Nothing I'm losing sleep over though. Pickoffs are a thing but they seem to be fixable with sliders, thus I don't really care if it gets patched or not... I'm very much happy with this year's game. No complaints out of me.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #51
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

In addition to many of the issues mentioned already, I have problems with ground balls into the SS hole. Unless I'm running with Santana (Twins guy here), I rarely beat anything out. I'm not saying Suzuki should blaze a path, but the name playing SS doesn't matter. It's a jump-throw and I'm out. Every. Time.
Also, and maybe it's my awfulness, but Mauer is hitting .190 through my first 25 games. (Realistic, sure, whatever. I'm on the ball, just bad results. For example, last game, Mauer had 3 Good Timing/Good Contact and all were weak outs.)
Other things:
-A couple 0-0 counts in Fast Play would be nice. (Pitching and batting.)
-When making substitutions in Fast Play, I'd like to be able to do it without seeing the count. If I want Kubel to PH for Hicks, I don't need to see that it's an 0-2 or 3-0 count. At that point, I'll pass as my impact as a user is minimal. Same goes for a mound visit if I pause before pitching screen comes up (as in pausing while batter walks to plate).
-There needs to be some kind of scouting after the draft. Give me something to do with this. Maybe I'm stuck scouting only the areas that my scouts reside in or something. Why have a feature that lasts 1/3 of a season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #52
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd like it if they could add generic pitch grips for when you bat from any of the behind the pitcher cameras. These are gorgeous to play from, but the fact that you can see their grips so easily it makes it easier. Would be awesome to see added.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #53
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
I'd like it if they could add generic pitch grips for when you bat from any of the behind the pitcher cameras. These are gorgeous to play from, but the fact that you can see their grips so easily it makes it easier. Would be awesome to see added.
I just thought about this the other day, it would be really cool, but I doubt it would be added in a patch.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #54
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Fix the playoff scheduling. The WildCard (play in) Game is supposed to be 2 days before the Divisional Series. In the game, it's 4 days before and that allows the LOWEST SEED to rest their rotation and bring their #1 Ace to the stadium of the best team in baseball. That shouldn't happen (unless the team decided to mess with their rotation before the Wild Card game, which is their right).

Why has the RTTS attributes been unlinked? Now when you add points to each attribute, there's no partial added to other stats. Which isn't a big deal until the attributes start degrading and now you need to come up with the original price for ALL of the attributes in decline. It's ridiculous.

Also, there's still no Advanced Stats ranking. Advanced stats mean nothing without a glossary. They mean nothing if I can't compare player to player.

They still haven't consolidated your player achievements. I don't want a list of everything my player has done. I want a neat screen with each line having the years written next to each other (MVP: 2014, 2018; Batting Champ: 2015, 2018, League Leader In XYZ Stat etc). That lit is ridiculous.

When I go to Edit Player in RTTS, give me the option to the see the player in his home and road uniform. This would help when setting the colors for gloves, shoes, etc. Seeing him in the default Show uniform is useless once you're on a team.

Make Asian named CPU generated players look Asian.

Too many 5 foot 8 corner infielders.

Too many shortstops with no speed and no contact in scouting.

Make it so that not just A and B potential players can have progresss. C players literally don't progress. And sometimes, the league should be wrong on guys. There should be guys who are A rated and just flame out. And there should be C rated guys who come in and just flourish.

Fix the Community Challenges. Basically, the only way to get stubs now is to pay money. What was the point of CC if you pay 100 stubs for the challenge and only get 100 back, thereby having no net profit? Silly.

Last edited by CuseGirl; 05-18-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:47 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
In addition to many of the issues mentioned already, I have problems with ground balls into the SS hole. Unless I'm running with Santana (Twins guy here), I rarely beat anything out. I'm not saying Suzuki should blaze a path, but the name playing SS doesn't matter. It's a jump-throw and I'm out. Every. Time.
Also, and maybe it's my awfulness, but Mauer is hitting .190 through my first 25 games. (Realistic, sure, whatever. I'm on the ball, just bad results. For example, last game, Mauer had 3 Good Timing/Good Contact and all were weak outs.)
Agreed on both points. Sometimes, even players like Starling Marte feel like they're running in sand when trying to beat out a throw to first. There doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference between a 60 speed and 90 speed player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 01:54 AM   #56
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Considering that they it's present in the PS3 version...but seems to be absent from the PS4 version......wouldn't that give more credence to the "claim" that they are indeed built from scratch(why would anyone even doubt this?)

M.K.
Knight165
thats what he is saying, isnt he?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »