Home

Suggestion for making Spring Training more useful

This is a discussion on Suggestion for making Spring Training more useful within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Suggestion for making Spring Training more useful

It would be pretty cool if spring training was used as it is in real life for pitchers. Their stamina and fatigue would start off being half way to their full potential, and arm strength would be determained and built up with each start or outting. But they can't be used every day unless they are fully recovered as to build up arm strength. So first start they can only go a couple of innings..second prolly 4 innings until last week of spring training they have built up enough arm strenght to do a full start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Suggestion for making Spring Training more useful

They unfortunately have still yet to turn any attention to spring training. Many of us play this mode, have usefulness for it when developing a franchise and care about it. However we are left hanging at this point, I hope this is the last spring training we have these issues. Most glaring, the cpu management of its players is atrocious, Miggy will play every game in full and leave the human player nearly wasting his/her time competing against the opposition who is not nearly playing by the same rules. The cpu uses multiple starting pitchers in the same game no matter the prestige of the pitcher. For example Verlander will come in relief of Scherzer or vice-versa, which again is ridiculous. We are trying to develop our rosters or view our prospects or even prospects from around the league, while the cpu is playing their 25 man roster for the whole month nearly.

Worst of all things is, some of us tweak that injury slider up to try authenticating some of the season scenarios we could face. In doing so, the cpu poor, stupid management of it's team leaves alot of star players at risk of facing DL time. For example, 1st day of Spring Training I just simmed hours ago, saw only one injury (injury slider at 8). It was a Shin Broken on Torii Hunter, and it appeared to have happened in the 9th inning on his 4th at bat, while running the bases. He simply should NOT have been in the game, nor should have Miggy, Austin Jackson, Jose Iglesias, all playing 100 percent of the very first game of SPRING TRAINING. We are unfortunately not being attended to yet in this mode, I can only hope this is the last year it happens.

I just hope the mode is at least not bugged this way anymore, if it had features such as player development, physical conditioning and arm fatigue (physical training tools), etc. That would become magnificent. If we have A and B games, that is something very special, but we at least need the mode to be halfway useful. There are plenty of us who actually care about it.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Suggestion for making Spring Training more useful

Well said Legendmode...i agree with you fully. I utilize my entire 40 man roster in spring training..in fact i use waivers so often so i can juggle non rosters spring training invities in bunch of the games. I often have to plan 5 games ahead who to bring up and put back on waivers.....love spring training!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »