Home

Franchise Player Development/Movement

This is a discussion on Franchise Player Development/Movement within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Franchise Player Development/Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooch66
Thanks for the advice guys, big help!!

When you say that performance matters in development, I am assuming that means if they play will they develop faster? This is important and I'll give an example. As the Royals I have Kyle Zimmer starting in AAA still in September, he's 22 years old, A potential, and already a 78 overall. Next year I will need a new MLB starter but am torn on what to do. If I keep Zimmer in AAA for another year and he does extremely well again, will he progress further than if I promoted him and he does very average in MLB??

Also, as it pertains to training...I get what you are saying about not trusting the computer because they train in stupid stuff so that makes sense. But my fear is that if I ONLY train in certain things, the rest will go down, because that's what the game says will happen. Anyone have any advice on how to manage that? Like how long to train in one area before moving to another and how long an area can go untrained without it going down? It's impossible to tell when things have changed when you're trying to manage that many people. If I have a young kid and don't train his bunting the ENTIRE season that will go down right (because the game says so I think) or will it stay the same or go up a bit naturally because he's young, even without any focused training in that area?
The other attributes will not go down as that is only part of RTTS. The only thing training does is make the trained attributes increase faster. That is all it does.

For your example call him up to the majors. I am not sure about this but it seems as if progression is related to player's overall and the quality of competition. In simplest terms, a guy will progress faster if he is hitting someone rated at or above his rating, but if he hits against pitchers far below his quality the benefit is not that good. Again though, it is just a theory that I cannot prove. I've noticed it with two of my AAA prospects.

For training, I like to keep the same training for a long time. I think you get a better benefit for prolonged training. Case in point:
In AAA I have a A potential CF named Will Kaufman. At the start of the season his hitting attributes were like 74/76 contact 44/36 power. So I trained him to increase his power.

After the first month power increased by 2 while other attributes increased by one.
It is now midseason and his power has increased by 10 while other attributes have increased by 5.

My plan is to select training at the start of the season and then change it up near the All Star break. So half the year training one thing, the other half something else
Old 05-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #10
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic
C potentials can move up to B potentials. Plus I have had man C potential players progress nicely.

Some C potential players on my team are Cameron Maybin, Carlos Quentin and Chris Denorfia who are all awesome starters.
True. I think I was being a bit draconian in my assessment of C's. I have plenty of them in my franchise, it just FEELS like they don't really go anywhere.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
Rookie

newmich's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
True. I think I was being a bit draconian in my assessment of C's. I have plenty of them in my franchise, it just FEELS like they don't really go anywhere.

It really depends on the player. I drafted an 18 year old LF with 74 overall and 71 potential and he has actually been regressing at the age of 19! I have gotten his stock to rise twice now and if I remember correctly he is now a 79 pot. but all of his ratings have stayed put (better than regressing haha).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »