Home

Wild pickoff throws

This is a discussion on Wild pickoff throws within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

BillHiggs's Arena

OVR: 0
Wild pickoff throws

How do I prevent wild pickoff throws. I've had wild attempts on the single and double tap throws. I had one where I held the button down for a deceptive move. I'm afraid to throw to first base! What am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Re: Wild pickoff throws

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHiggs
How do I prevent wild pickoff throws. I've had wild attempts on the single and double tap throws. I had one where I held the button down for a deceptive move. I'm afraid to throw to first base! What am I doing wrong?
I've been having good luck lately with a quick double tap, but I think that's the quick one which is prone to a bad throw. I haven't thrown it 5 rows deep into the stands in a while.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

I have been having the same issues. Even on the single light tap that is supposed to just be a "show me" I am air mailing my first basemen. That kind of makes it hard to control the running game. I wonder if it has anything to do with the throwing sliders...
Old 05-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

Adding further...maybe the throwing error needs to be turned up one. My reasoning on this is that I play with the meter for throwing while on defense and I don't make many throwing errors. I wonder if the game is compensating for the lack of throwing errors by making my pitcher throw wildly in a situation I can't control. Possible conspiracy...I think so jk
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

This has always been a troubled area, it happens way more than it should. The value is high for an over throw to occur on a throw over for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
I've been having good luck lately with a quick double tap, but I think that's the quick one which is prone to a bad throw. I haven't thrown it 5 rows deep into the stands in a while.
Man in my experience the double-tap is a soft lob. How many options are there anyway? Is it three? Double-tap, tap, and hold? Or just the two? I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm sure it's part of the tutorial but if someone knows that's be rad if they shared.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Man in my experience the double-tap is a soft lob. How many options are there anyway? Is it three? Double-tap, tap, and hold? Or just the two? I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm sure it's part of the tutorial but if someone knows that's be rad if they shared.
It's supposed to be three, but I haven't figured out the Hold button (deceptive throw) as when I try it it just acts like a quick throw (single press)..... *on the PS4 BTW
Old 05-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #8
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
It's supposed to be three, but I haven't figured out the Hold button (deceptive throw) as when I try it it just acts like a quick throw (single press)..... *on the PS4 BTW
The deceptive throw is only for lefty's now. Since the Mlb stopped the use of the fake to third go to first move there not one for righty's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »