Home

MLB 14 The Show Cannot download error (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Cannot download error (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 02:45 AM   #1
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
MLB 14 The Show Cannot download error (PS4)

I recently bought MLB 14 The Show on PSN for PS4.

But I can't get it to download.

It starts of perfectly fine with 41Gb to go and 32 hours (sorry about bluriness):

But then every single time (I've probably tried 20 times already), at 11mb downloaded it does this:

and then shortly after that this appears:

If I keep it on that, it fails after about 1gb and 20 hours downloaded and says "Cannot download".

Does anyone know what is wrong? Please, I've already paid for the game, and I'm desperate to play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show Cannot download error (PS4)

Anytime I have an issue like this I have to unplug my wireless subwoofer. For some reason I can't get anything to download when that is plugged in. Kinda weird and I still haven't figured out why.
But once I do that everything online related works fine.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Anytime I have an issue like this I have to unplug my wireless subwoofer. For some reason I can't get anything to download when that is plugged in. Kinda weird and I still haven't figured out why.
But once I do that everything online related works fine.
This may not help the OP with their issue, but yours is likely caused by interference on the 2.4GHz band.

If you use a standard wireless router, it will be 2.4GHz. This is the same frequency as fluorescent lights, microwaves, baby monitors and almost all wireless networking equipment. Anything on the same frequency will cause interference when in use.

I use a dual-band router with 2.4 and 5GHz. Not only is there no interference on the 5GHz band, but the throughput is higher (can download faster). I have no problem reaching 4.5-6 mb/s downloads and 1.5-3 mb/s uploads when using 5GHz. When using the 2.4GHz band, I top out at 2 mb/s down, 0.5 mb/s up.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaBoomer
This may not help the OP with their issue, but yours is likely caused by interference on the 2.4GHz band.

If you use a standard wireless router, it will be 2.4GHz. This is the same frequency as fluorescent lights, microwaves, baby monitors and almost all wireless networking equipment. Anything on the same frequency will cause interference when in use.

I use a dual-band router with 2.4 and 5GHz. Not only is there no interference on the 5GHz band, but the throughput is higher (can download faster). I have no problem reaching 4.5-6 mb/s downloads and 1.5-3 mb/s uploads when using 5GHz. When using the 2.4GHz band, I top out at 2 mb/s down, 0.5 mb/s up.
Im hardwired but does the PS4 wireless support 5GHz band? Just curious. I wish my PSvita would pick up my 5GHz band for remote play in my house.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Im hardwired but does the PS4 wireless support 5GHz band? Just curious. I wish my PSvita would pick up my 5GHz band for remote play in my house.
No, I use a bridge in between. But I was having the same problem with a sound bar with a 2.4GHz wireless sub. My network speed (including internet) was always slow whenever it was on, so I upgraded to a 5GHz bridge and haven't had any issues since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

I'm rather ignorant with this stuff, but right now I am using the router that my cable company has provided for me.
I also have the old router I was using before this one just sitting around collecting dust.
Would it be possible to use the old router with the PS4 to avoid the interference?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »