Home

Umpire's Voice

This is a discussion on Umpire's Voice within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2
Umpire's Voice

The umpire's voice is too quiet. With Vasgersian and his B announcers muted with utter pleasure, the umpire's ball and strike, as well as his safe and out calls bring great realism. Some games there isn't any umpire calls at all. I'll say that an umpire voice setting is not necessary.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Umpire's Voice

My post from the patch wishlist thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Umpires are completely lifeless; it wasn't always like this - something is wrong somewhere, like the majority bulk of umpire audio isn't playing.

Listen to this umpire for a little bit

1. "Thaaat's a ball"
2. "Nooooo"
3. "BALL!"
4. "Nope. Ball four."

Next batter:

1. "Striiiiiike!!"
2. "That's off the cornaaar"
3. "Ball."
4. "Nope. That's inside." (or maybe "that thing's up"?)
5. "HUUUUH!"

That's nine pitches, NINE DIFFERENT ump callouts. The umps in this game are not doing ANYTHING CLOSE to that. They're not saying anything at all roughly 50% of the time, heck 75% of the time, and rest of the time they're saying like five things. Again, it's as if the bulk of these files aren't being triggered for whatever reason.

Very displeased with this. Please fix.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
My post from the patch wishlist thread:

I would agree to a certain extent. MLB umpires do not use 9 different styles of calls in 9 pitches. To get actual audio from the umpires that are in the game would be sick and I believe it will happen one day.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

chaz526's Arena

OVR: 0

This is something I had never thought of, but now I want to see this happen.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devine_Hot_Dog
I would agree to a certain extent. MLB umpires do not use 9 different styles of calls in 9 pitches. To get actual audio from the umpires that are in the game would be sick and I believe it will happen one day.
Totally agree with the bold, but my point wasn't so much that I want more diversity in the calls, but that many of the calls that were there before are now suddenly gone, and specifically how I almost NEVER hear the classic and damn near ESSENTIAL part of baseball, the loud, prolonged "STRIIIIIIIIKE" and all its variants. The umps in this game simply don't do that anymore (hopefully just a bug) and it's a damn shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #6
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

They should have put the ump calls thru the DS4's speaker, with a volume setting or you could change it thru the DS4's options.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:37 AM   #7
Rookie

jeff257's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
They should have put the ump calls thru the DS4's speaker, with a volume setting or you could change it thru the DS4's options.
That would be awesome. Maybe it is something they can add in future games. I also would like to hear the snap of the glove when your player in RTTS catches a ball through the speaker.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:19 AM   #8
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

My post from theshownation official bug reports http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/12712 (pls +1 so it gets attention)

Quote:
I dont know why this is the issue but I assume you have a good reason but the umpires overwhelming majority of the time do not audibly call strikes. This is a problem for ME because I play with the scoreboard presentation removed meaning, If there's a borderline call and the umpire is freaking silent I have no way of know whether it was ruled a ball or a strike! And coupled with your pacy gameplay and lack of an option to play with any level of realistic pace, there is sometimes no way for me to even know the call and digest the situation I'm in in my at bat, because the next pitch is coming in 2 seconds.... All of it, is a huge issue. If I actually played with announcers off, which I used to do and still plan to do in most of my Spring Training games, there will be No way to know what the hell the call is without literally pausing the game in/out all day. Or at least straining to utilize the batters eye cam, not for batters eye purposes but just to see the Balls/Strike count! I hope this issue can be resolved in a patch and you see my point of view for absolutely needing it resolved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »