Home

Uniform modifications in-game???

This is a discussion on Uniform modifications in-game??? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

YankeeDynasty1998's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Uniform modifications in-game???

Hear me out - in-season, there's normally a few teams who add patches and other modifications to their uniforms. As a Yankee fan, I think back to 2010, when the Yankees lost George Steinbrenner, Bob Sheppard, and Ralph Houk all in July, adding a patch for The Boss on the left breast, a patch for Sheppard on the left sleeve, as well as a black armband below that for Houk. They wore this look from the All-Star Break through the rest of the season, but of course at the time there was no way to add this in on the PS3 version of The Show. Now on the PS4, I would hope if (unfortunately) someone dies or some other type of patch is added to a uniform, that we can download an update that will add it.

I also have long had an issue with not being able to "remove" patches, so to speak. If I'm doing a Chicago Cubs franchise with this year's game, I'll be stuck with the Wrigley Field 100th Anniversary patch adorning every cap and jersey, even if it's 2024 and Kris Bryant is one of the greatest players in baseball history. Same applies to the Braves w/their Hank Aaron patch, the Twins w/their All-Star Game patch and so on. I would think this could be written into the code so that after 2014, the uniforms shed their special adornments and adhere to the standard style guide of MLB.

So, are there any talks/possibilities of seeing these features one day making it into the PS4 version of The Show? It would be amazing and yet another "little thing" added to please the presentation buffs like myself.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-8-9-10-15-16-20-23-32-37-42-44-46-49-51
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Uniform modifications in-game???

That would be great, honesty though I'd be ecstatic if we could just get our numbers moved up to were they are supposed to be. I'm assuming it's this way because they use the same template for every team and their numbers are lower do to their names being on the there.

On a side note with all love to Houk, I wish they would put the band on both sleeves all the time I thought it was a good look.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 05-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Uniform modifications in-game???

Not sure about future sleeve patches but I hate that you are stuck with this years patches for future years.

I don't want to do a 10 year franchise and the cubs are still wearing the 100 year patch.

I thought with the power of Ps4 things like that could be removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »