Home

expert help needed for basrunning question?

This is a discussion on expert help needed for basrunning question? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
expert help needed for basrunning question?

First off I appreciate any help you can give me.

For now I have baserunning set to auto and the scheme I believe is default.

For example: If I'm playing in a season and batting but want to make my guy on 2nd base steal 3rd but leave the guy on 1st where he is how do I do that? I've read that even though I have auto on I can still do this. Please explain the mechanics to me knowing that I'm using default baserunning with it set to auto.

So please in so many words describe how I would do each scenario that may come up.. Like, how would I return only him... I hear you use the left stick to point at him and press the corresponding button such as triangle for 2nd.

Thanks so much guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Pro

Re: expert help needed for basrunning question?

With the left stick point to the base of the guy you want to steal and press L2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

i dont understand why so many people have issues with baserunning, to me, its the easiest part of the game

i love having bases loaded and getting a nice bases clearing hit and going crazy with the analog stick and the x button getting everyone home lol
Old 05-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for your help guys.. So if I want a guy that is heading for 2nd turn back and go to first, do use the left stick to point at where the runner is and push the circle button? Sorry, I just find it a bit confusing an difficult to do when you don't have much time to think... I want to get better however that is why I'm asking..
Old 05-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
Pro

I maybe wrong, but if you have it on auto baserunning, you don't have any control over what your guys do. Except in stealing, again I may be wrong on that.

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #6
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
i love having bases loaded and getting a nice bases clearing hit and going crazy with the analog stick and the x button getting everyone home lol
I use manual base running and wanted to know if you just send the runner on 1st will that move the other runners automatically or do you have to send each one with a separate command.
So if i have runners on 2nd & 3rd and wanted to send 2nd to 3rd and 3rd home could i just tell second to go to 3rd and that would send 3rd home automatically.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
I use manual base running and wanted to know if you just send the runner on 1st will that move the other runners automatically or do you have to send each one with a separate command.
So if i have runners on 2nd & 3rd and wanted to send 2nd to 3rd and 3rd home could i just tell second to go to 3rd and that would send 3rd home automatically.
For this situation you could just press L1 to advance all runners. Under the normal controls, L1 advances all runners, R1 retreats all runners.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
I maybe wrong, but if you have it on auto baserunning, you don't have any control over what your guys do. Except in stealing, again I may be wrong on that.

I'm confused too man, please someone else chime in here and help us. If we have it set to AUTO baserunning, I know for a fact that we can make the guy on first steal by simply pressing L2. Having said that, did they cripple the functionality after that ? Meaning, that even though I'm using Auto basrunning can I still decide who steals what base? The thing that I don't want to control is keeping a guy on third for a sac fly, and stuff like that... Every now and then I might want a guy to steal third but leave the guy on first. I know someone said it was possible but now I have my doubts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »