Home

MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #65
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I want unclean batters boxes. Chalk is always perfect during game play.
I must have a different game then because i often see the chalk in the batters box messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
Ball icon? While hitting??

What/?!
Yeah, that kind of lost me too, im not sure what he was trying to say
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I must have a different game then because i often see the chalk in the batters box messed up.

Yeah, that kind of lost me too, im not sure what he was trying to say
Cursor hitting ala PYS has a ball icon while hitting. Try it some time you'd love it.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #67
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Playing with Player Lock in Season Mode, and simming out all other at-bats....

I am seeing WAY, WAY, WAY too many runners thrown out trying to score. It happens several times in most games.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

By far the best MLB game I've played so far. But I still can't believe they can't get the future season schedules to work right in Franchise. My Angels don't even get to play the Dodgers in the 2015 season for interleague and I'm still stuck playing NL East teams (interleague schedules rotate yearly) from 2014. It also seems like the schedules shifted in a way where a season series starts on Saturday instead of Friday. Another thing thats annoying is that the World Series on the West Coast still starts at 7pm local time. In real life it starts at 5pm local time for East Coast viewers. Fix those two issues and we will have an even better game in 2015.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #69
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaBoomer
I agree that it's significant in real life, but injuries have no future impact in the game. Not even directly after the player returns. So when the offseason comes, it's as if no player was ever injured.

There's likely no room in the game for it, but I would love to see injuries overhauled. Make injuries have an impact on the player, over the course of the current season and their career. If a pitcher has TJ (would need to be added to the game in itself), he should lose some stats for the first year after returning.

If a player breaks a leg/ankle, they should lose some speed. How many players come back instantly at 100%? Back injuries should have an impact on durability/stamina, as in real life. Etc, etc, etc...
To add to this - The ability to assign rehab assignments and for how long would be awesome....
Old 05-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #70
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

This is one issue that is very little that I also have. Dugouts and the dugout activity has looked really cool since 2010 but it hasn't changed much since then from where it was. I wish there was more visible activities by the members of the dugout and most importantly activity after runs are scored. You never see the players giving high fives and helmet fives etc after runs, I wish there were alot more activity in the dugouts to match the level of activity we see fans have throughout the game. That would do so much for me, but right now everything in the dugout is limited to cutscenes almost.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #71
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
You never see the players giving high fives and helmet fives etc after runs, I wish there were alot more activity in the dugouts to match the level of activity we see fans have throughout the game.
Thought about this the other day. Remember hitting a go ahead HR and there was no life in the dugout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 12:57 AM   #72
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Thought about this the other day. Remember hitting a go ahead HR and there was no life in the dugout.
This is a must for me next year for the PS4 version of the Show. The game is lifeless. No interaction in dugouts.... Its a little issue, but I would like to see it happen.

Last edited by decga; 05-26-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: added another sentence

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »