Home

Double Plays

This is a discussion on Double Plays within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #25
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Double Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
In my double franchise with the Rays and Phillies both are still 29th and 30th in GIDP. It's getting ludicrous anymore. At least 2-3 EVERY game.
Although over my first 111 Franchise games I grounded into 109 DP's and the CPU grounded into 106 (I stopped tracking after that), which yes, is way too many; 2-3 per game is probably an overstatement, yes?

My personal opinion as to why this happens too much isn't because of the amount of times this scenario is present, it's the success rate at which they're turned.

CPU infielders still seem to be too good at executing DP's (I use Auto Fielding and Throwing, by the way).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #26
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Although over my first 111 Franchise games I grounded into 109 DP's and the CPU grounded into 106 (I stopped tracking after that), which yes, is way too many; 2-3 per game is probably an overstatement, yes?

My personal opinion as to why this happens too much isn't because of the amount of times this scenario is present, it's the success rate at which they're turned.

CPU infielders still seem to be too good at executing DP's (I use Auto Fielding and Throwing, by the way).
This is definitely the issue. Throwing errors don't seem to be related to the difficulty of the throw.. they're more a result of random chance. The throws off the back foot after fielding to their back hand are way too accurate. That's a pretty difficult play in real life, but the success rate in the game is probably over 99%

This is a broader issue in the game. The throws are tethered so it's pretty easy to tell what throw will be online or offline as soon as it's released. I would love for there to be more variation instead of a canned animation of the throw and the reaction of the fielder.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Actually the average is a little over one per team per game so 2 per game is what you should be seeing, I'm not really seeing anything out of the ordinary.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #28
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadreFan84
Actually the average is a little over one per team per game so 2 per game is what you should be seeing, I'm not really seeing anything out of the ordinary.
The MLB average last season was 0.77 per team per game.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #29
Banned

Steven78's Arena

http://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat...plays-per-game
Old 08-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #30
Rookie

Ok I stand corrected.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:

Unfortunately no, in my case. That's pretty much what I see every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #32
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I have noticed that a ball that looks dead center of the PCI is actually in the lower half. You may thing you have it squared up but are slightly on top of it See how the ball looks in the PCI in the swing feedback on your next at bat. you just might notice what I am saying, and start getting a little more under the pitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »