Home

So much for my big market.

This is a discussion on So much for my big market. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So much for my big market.

They should re-do the budgeting system, make it more dynamic and be influenced by a lot of different factors. The owner should be smart enough in the game to say "well we stunk last year, but we've got a bunch of elite young talent arriving in the majors this year, our window to try and win a title should start pretty soon. I'm going to increase the budget by $30m so we can try to get some veteran pitching in here and make a run at a pennant within the next 2-3 years" or something like that.

At the very least, there should be an option like in FIFA where you can request additional funds from your owner, and in exchange you will make him one or more promises of what the team will do with that budget, i.e. we will win the division this year, or, if you won like 60 games the year before that, you could just promise to get to .500 this year.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #10
Rookie

Khimera's Arena

OVR: 1

Why spend stubs on increasing the budget when you can just disable it altogether?
Old 05-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimera
Why spend stubs on increasing the budget when you can just disable it altogether?
Yeah that doesn't make sense lol. Maybe it just increases your payroll and franchise funds??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimera
Ignoring budgets is fine if you only plan on playing 1 or 2 seasons. But with them off, trades and FA signings get unbalanced over time.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #13
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

I feel they should absolutely redo the budgeting system. A team like the Cubs may not be spending much money now but it's not like they don't have the money spend. I mean they did go after Tanaka.

I have noticed the budget of each team is basically $10 million more than their current payroll at the start of the franchise.

So for example if the Cubs payroll is $70 million then their budget is $80. I believe a way to work around this would be to add a couple of $9 million per year players to the Cubs and then trade those players back to their original teams.

As far as a budget increase after the season I finished with 93 losses (as the Cubs) my first season and it increased by 14%. However a different Cubs franchise I lost more than 100 losses and my budget decreased by 5%.

Edited:
Well the work around for budget does work. I swapped pedroia for a lower guy on the cubs prior to starting a franchise. My budget went from $70 to $95M. I was then able to trade the two back and now I have $34M to spend.

Last edited by billyboy316; 05-26-2014 at 07:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »