Home

Why are some pitches missed by the catcher. Pitches that are strikes

This is a discussion on Why are some pitches missed by the catcher. Pitches that are strikes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why are some pitches missed by the catcher. Pitches that are strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
1. Confirmed problem.
2. I've only seen this a few times, but once I lowered hook one notch it was fine and realistic.
3. I haven't seen this. I've seen some quality SS and 2B perform in the air throws with urgency to get DP's.
4. What do the OF's have to do? Throw their arms out of the sockets? I've seen OF's throw hard enough where they have to tumble forward to get runners out at home.
5. Pre-load meaning what?
6. I've hit a lot of HR's and I've never seen this.
7. Black out games? Explain? I've had a few blue screen crashes but no "black outs".
8. I haven't seen problems with outfield lighting conditions. Lighting has been great.
9. You mean just like in real life?
10. Haven't seen this either.
11. Trade logic has a few quirks but every game, every year has bad trade logic.
12. Contracts need work.
13. Schedule needs fixed.
14. Give an example.
15. They need to be somewhat overvalued but RP is what wins ball games, atleast in this game. SP doesn't to be honest. I'm onboard with RP being valued high.
16. Again, lower the hook slider and fixed. That's why it's there.
17. I've seen this issue also.
18. Offline franchise or RTTS for me. Haven't experienced online so can't comment.

P.S. I hope you bugged all this on shownation. Please tell me you have.
I honestly don't care if you've experienced one or not. Enough people on here have posted about each one of these in one place or another on this forum for me to know it's not just me.

As far as posting it on ShowNation, lol -- no. I'm not going to waste my time. Some of this **** has been a problem for 5+ years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #26
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Why are some pitches missed by the catcher. Pitches that are strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSBX
They are two separate problems, not a contradiction at all. Feel free to check the impression thread -- other users have reported these problems as well.

Contracts and trade logic are not related to one another, lol. Trout starting at 5-6 years at 2.5 million per year isn't the same as being able to trade Neftali Feliz and Luke Jackson for Giancarlo Stanton.
I worded it poorly on the Contracts/Trade Logic. You posted two things that are issues with the trade logic, then two things that are issues with contracts. They're the same issue that you decided to post two examples of (i.e. Contracts are completely out of whack/Players sign ridiculous contracts).

My point remains though.. if you think the game is so bad, why would you play it?

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »