Home

Quick Counts .... nope

This is a discussion on Quick Counts .... nope within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2014, 10:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Quick Counts .... nope

"Earned" my first no-hitter with any version of The Show using QC last night. Padres/Cashner vs. Houston in Season mode. BK can attest to the fact that I was pretty excited. Love quick counts!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #18
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quick Counts The Greatest Addition ever to this series ! as full length gameplay hasnt changed much in years and had become very predictable for me but QC is a great new dynamic and the programming is also top notch

I do save a little time but I really do play it for the programming as its very addictive .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 05-26-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

In the end, I don't mind playing the game in its entirety.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #20
Rookie

In the end, I don't mind playing the game in its entirety.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #21
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I haven't even touched or try QC. I have a 2 and half years old kid, and a life but that's not stopping me from enjoying the full game. I'll be lucky to play a game or 2 per night (of course when the lil' man goes to sleep)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #22
Rookie

I just got the game yesterday and played one game with QC. I can tell I will love it since it'll let me get through multiple seasons. I still drew no walks even on a 3 ball count, but at least I can actually drain the CPU pitch count.

Dumb rookie question though - how on earth do I get a reliever in without having to bring him in mid at-bat? Ditto for wanting to pinch-hit for a non-pitcher. My SP threw 146 pitches on Opening Day because I couldn't seem to bring a reliever in before an AB started. Or is bringing subs in mid at-bat just the norm with QC since most of the AB will be simmed anyway?
Old 05-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

By no means is QC fully fleshed out. I would love to see further development to add 0-1 and 1-0 counts, pitch history of how the count came to be, and overall fine tuning.

But this is a great start. And right now ( as I type this) I am playing a full game and like I said...I still do that....and going back and forth between full and QC has been easy for me. Also I will always play my post season using full game mode.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #24
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

My .02 on QC. I am a busy guy and I'm trying to catch up to real life while playing with the two teams I like, so QC is helping tremendously. I hate letting the CPU sim even an inning because they change pitchers and rarely get a 1-2-3 and little quirks like the HR counter doesn't seem to go up at PNC Park if the CPU simmed one.

The negatives are bad situations (seems like I'll get a lot of 0-2 and CPU gets 3-1), pitch counts (my guy will get a lot and at the end of the game, the number is never what the guy exited with), stealing, and bunts. They should tweak it so it's 0-0 once in a while or at least when a pitcher is hitting with a guy on base or if the guy on base has a high speed and/or steal rating and it's less than a three run lead/deficit or something along those lines.

I just have to weigh the pros vs. the cons and I cannot put a price on my time so for now, QC is helping me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »