Home

stars you struggle with

This is a discussion on stars you struggle with within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
stars you struggle with

hey guys thought id ask the community what star on their team they struggle with. Im doing a Mariners chise and for the life of me I cannot hit with Cano lol. I'm a month in and he's hitting .236 with 6 homers and 17 RBIs its just brutal. good counts..bad counts just cant find it with him and i hate it lol. everyone else is playing great and were in first in our division and as a team I'm hitting .275 playing DD and am on HOF..any tips for people using the M's or just voice your concern with your players lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: stars you struggle with

Carlos Beltran (does he count?).

81 games in and he's around .240. Ouch!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Starlin Castro .230
Old 05-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

man this is brutal..at what point do you think you should sit a star guy down for a few games or maybe even trade him? Robbie is my fav players and I just don't think I could ever bring myself to do either lol even if he is killing the team
Old 05-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcollins24
man this is brutal..at what point do you think you should sit a star guy down for a few games or maybe even trade him? Robbie is my fav players and I just don't think I could ever bring myself to do either lol even if he is killing the team
Less than 81 apparently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcollins24
This is a serious question that I struggle with almost every year. It applies equally to pitchers too.

To attempt an answer, 40-game stretches sounds about right. Overlook the first 40 games outright, "consider" a drastic move if he's still garbage after 80 games; after 80+ games, you'll either have to deal with it (Adam Dunn's .180 season comes to mind, where he still pretty much played every day) or, yeah, he needs to be moved/demoted.

Thankfully I've never quite gotten to that point. I can usually keep just about anyone above .230; those .220's and under though, man ... might as well be some random rookie if you can't hit .230.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Adrian Gonzalez (0.211) and Matt Kemp (0.226) both have been horrible for me. I don't know what it is, Kemp has exceptional ratings against LHP but is hitting 0.173 against them and Gonzalez, no matter how fat a pitch is, he can't do anything with it either beating it into the ground for an easy out or lofting a fly ball for an easy out. The only thing Gonzalez has done decently is draw walks (20) and this is in a 45 game sample size so not like they haven't had plenty of chances to break out of it. I'm at the point where I might package Adrian and Haren for something as both are basically killing my team just in different ways.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm 54 games into my season, and Matt Holliday is only hitting .218. I didn't want to bench him, but I had to move him down in the order, he was killing me being in the 3 spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »