Home

Not a save?

This is a discussion on Not a save? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Not a save?

Sorry to start a thread on this, but yesterday I was playing with the Rays. Balfour blew the save in the bottom of the ninth with two outs. I left him in and he got the third out. The top of 10, I took a 9-6 lead. I grounded into a DP so I didn't "schedule my next pitcher" Bottom 10, I subbed in Leuke for the first batter and recorded three outs (one runner even made it on). They gave Balfour the win and there was no save for Leuke. Is this incorrect? I thought maybe since I had quick counts on and Balfour technically entered the game in the 10th, this messed things up, but when I switched, Leuke's pitch count had the 5 pitches from a 3-2.

Also, yesterday in real life, the Rays had an 8-3 lead. Leuke recorded 2 outs, but also gave up two runs so now it's 8-5 with 2 outs and the Rays put Balfour in and he got the save. I didn't think he was eligible as the tying run was not batting. Maybe I missed a detail or two because I was listening in the car and the wife was talking.

Could someone clarify? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

doughron's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Not a save?

Check your box score. I'm going to say that Leuke was only credited with pitching 0.2 innings. With quick counts I've noticed that when I sub in a pitcher, the previous pitcher will get credit for that at bat instead of The new pitcher. So if that's what happened then "technically" it wouldn't be a save situation anymore. I love quick counts myself but there are certainly a few quirks with it but it's nothing that's ruined the experience for me so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »