Home

RTTS Do you sometimes NOT want to get called up?

This is a discussion on RTTS Do you sometimes NOT want to get called up? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
RTTS Do you sometimes NOT want to get called up?

I'm having too much fun in my first year just dominating as a SS with the Astro's AA Corpus Christi Hooks. We have crap pitching across the board but man, can we put up runs in bunches. I'm leading the league in HRs, RBI's, Slugging % and am 1st in all-star voting. I know I'm not going to be around for the all star game as I'm probably going to be called up to AAA any day now. Plus, I've gotten attached to my teammates. For instance, I bat third and the cleanup hitter is this short guy who's been in the league a couple of years. His contact ratings are in the 30's but his power vs. R is in the mid 70's. Every time I'm on base I'm just waiting for him to blast another one.

I'd like to see the season through with this club. We're a couple of games behind the Frisco RoughRiders who have 3 ace starting pitchers on their staff. Plus, I'd rather just sit in AA for a year and pad my attributes.

It's a testament to how great a game is IMO when I only play one mode (RTTS) and am totally having a blast on it's lowest level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Do you sometimes NOT want to get called up?

Sometimes but mostly it's to do with age. If I have an 18 year old going to the BL club feels weird..I like to at least go back to school for a year. That way I can go to the BL at 19 or 20. It feels more normal to me.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0

Heh, I just got sent back down to Pawtucket, and I'm kinda glad I was. I was in a utility role for Boston, so I wasn't getting much playing time, so the only way to raise skills was on skill challenges. Back in Pawtucket, I'm now hitting .420, padding my skills, and having fun. I do want to be called back up, but I'm in no hurry.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:01 AM   #4
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I was so excited to be called up to Major after a 1 month or so in AA and a short stint in AA. Unfortunately, im being used by the National as Pinch hitter Since July 2, my call up date, I only played like 2 games without being a pinch hitter. So I am not getting enough points to improve my skills PLUS the ratings are now starting to go down (red down arrow, and some are already -1) because of this. My batting is in the 0.3 and in 34 AB, with 1 HR and 7 RBI. I asked the Manager to give me more playing time and he said that since the 2B is playing great, he cannot give me more playing time.

Is there a way I could ask to send me to the minors? Or should I just play stupid in the game so that the team could send me to the Minors? If they do, will my paycheck be changed? I have like 500K in my first year.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Sure enough, my next game I get promoted to AAA. Then 10 games later I get called up to the Astros due to an injury. They have me starting at SS. After a slate of games my batting average along with all my other stats have taken a nose dive. It's seems I'm woefully unprepared for big league pitching. I'm only 18 years old for cryin' out loud. Send me back to Corpus Christi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was having a blast in AA and tearing it up and my team was in first place. Then I got called up to the majors 1/4 of the way through their season and the team was 23 games back and finished the season around the same point. I was definitely having more fun in AA and bummed I didn't get to see how their season finished up and be a part of it.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

the good thing about this AA, AAA, and MLB, there's a BIG DIFFERENCE in level of plays. Im really loving it....BUT PLEASE...SEND ME BACK TO AAA

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »