Home

Hardest park to hit in during the day on a sunny day

This is a discussion on Hardest park to hit in during the day on a sunny day within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Hardest park to hit in during the day on a sunny day

I just played a game in my Yankees franchise on Mother's Day against the Brewers during the day and, for some reason, it was really hard to pick up the pitch from Gallardo. I use catcher default for hitting. I didn't have an isssue during the night games there. It may have been due to the fact that I was a little bit tired from work but I felt I couldn't see the ball well enough with the hitters eye and shadows. I know in real life this happens alot. I scratched across 1 run but lost the game 3-1. Just wondering if anyone else has a hard time hitting in Milwaukee during the day on a sunny afternoon.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hardest park to hit in during the day on a sunny day

I've had a hard time with Safeco. There is a spot above the batters eye where the sunlight comes in. The problem is with a left handed pitcher it seems to be right near the release point. I have tried adjusting the camera and you can only go so far with the presets and it won't save custom cameras. Even with the night games it's still light out until about the 5th inning.

I haven't played in all the stadiums yet but so far that is the only one I have an issue with.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I've had a hard time with Safeco. There is a spot above the batters eye where the sunlight comes in. The problem is with a left handed pitcher it seems to be right near the release point. I have tried adjusting the camera and you can only go so far with the presets and it won't save custom cameras. Even with the night games it's still light out until about the 5th inning.

I haven't played in all the stadiums yet but so far that is the only one I have an issue with.
I was just about to post something very similar.
Played in safeco and when the lefty relievers come in, I literally could not see a thing. You see it leave their hand and then nothing until it crosses the plate!
Try a different camera angle is about all I could do.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
I just played a game in my Yankees franchise on Mother's Day against the Brewers during the day and, for some reason, it was really hard to pick up the pitch from Gallardo. I use catcher default for hitting. I didn't have an isssue during the night games there. It may have been due to the fact that I was a little bit tired from work but I felt I couldn't see the ball well enough with the hitters eye and shadows. I know in real life this happens alot. I scratched across 1 run but lost the game 3-1. Just wondering if anyone else has a hard time hitting in Milwaukee during the day on a sunny afternoon.
Agreed completely. I play as Milwaukee in an online league and my first day game at home I had the same issues as the sun on the batters eye basically blinded me and made it impossible to see the ball until it was pretty much at the plate.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I haven't had any real problems yet.

To this day, I still remember Progressive Field from MLB '11 though. (Shudders)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Arizona Diamondbacks "Chase Field" hitter's eye way too light green compared to real life
Old 05-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
Rookie

dutch4404's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't made the majors yet this year, but Cleveland was always tough for me. The trees in the background were a perfect camouflage. Once the sun went down it was no prob tho
Old 05-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Progressive was always the worst for me but that seems to be fixed on the ps4 version.

Now Safeco is going to be the tough one because of the led board and unfortunately I have to play there quite a bit playing as the A's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »