Home

Pure Analog Lag?

This is a discussion on Pure Analog Lag? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

OVR: 0
Pure Analog Lag?

I'm curious if anyone has noticed any lag when using the analog sticks for pure analog hitting or pitching? I just recently switched back to pure analog hitting and find I am behind on fastballs constantly. I also noticed the dead zones seem huge for analog pitching. For some reason it just doesn't feel as responsive as '13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pure Analog Lag?

Yeah, something is definitely different. Not in a good way either. It's actually kind of turned me off the game some, because i started with Pure Analog in MLB11 and have used it since.

I pull back on the stick at the exact same time, or even at least in the area of the same time, that I have in the previous 3 years, and it's always "Just Late" or "Late" on the stride, with exception on the curveball sometimes. Some of you may say, well pull back a little earlier, well I tried to correct it by doing that, but you have to pull back A LOT earlier to the point it makes the swing so disconnected and not fluid that I can't even concentrate on the pitch anymore. On top of that, it's kind of different every time, like it's based on the pitch, which would be impossible to get good at since there's no way of knowing what's coming at the time you have to pull back.

Anyway, I just hope this is actually a bug, that gets put back to the old way sometime, and not something that they feel they did right.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

Yeah, I just fired up the PS3 and gave '13 another go with pure analog to see the difference. '13 feels way more responsive. I was able to crush a few fastballs out of the park in batting practice. In '14 I'm barely able to get a piece of a fastball unless I swing before I even know where the ball is going. Something is definitely off with analog hitting.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Similar discussion, here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...de-timing.html

Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »