Home

Throwing runners out at 1st from outfield

This is a discussion on Throwing runners out at 1st from outfield within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
Rookie

BrendenSox12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Throwing runners out at 1st from outfield

Hasn't happened for me yet.

I've had the chance but the first baseman most of the time never covers first.
I've never seen the CPU attempt it though.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:16 AM   #10
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
I think it should be something some how you can pre select..its so out of the ordinary that its pointless to add in but the throw by Bautista to EE to get butler was a set play that the must have discussed cause EE was waiting and it wasnt even close. Now the next night when Bautista did it to Infante was Infante not recognizing the hit he just got and reacting late...but 2 9 to 3 put outs in back to back games..ouch KC
It was ****ing BS. Nothing more than rich *** lazy guys not giving a ****. I didnt see the Butler one but i want Infante off the damn team. I expect a player to be halfway to 2nd anytime a deep fly ball is hit and caught. That wasnt the case on that play but if he hadnt had his head up his *** it wouldnt have happened.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyg7575
I've done it twice, most recent was this morning when I threw Votto out at 1st with Nelson Cruz (Picked him up on the FA list with the Cubs)
What throwing interface were you using if you don't mind me asking? Because the only time I've even come close to it was using pure analog. Any other interface I've used (buttons/buttons accuracy) the 1st basemen always comes off the bag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #12
Pro

I've done it twice with Reddick, one was to preserve a no hitter (which was lost 3 innings later). It seems to only trigger on certain types of hits, both of mine were on ground ball shots past a diving second baseman. On line drives where I could do it, the first baseman doesn't cover. Which is a good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 06-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
Rookie

bloodwerth's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd love for it to work based on the speed rating of the batter and the arm of the fielder. I don't care what type of hit it is -- if someone with Victor Martinez or David Ortiz speed rips a short liner in front of my rightfielder, the RF has a decent arm, and the first baseman was hanging around the bag (like they do on some plays), then the runner should be gunned out. I don't think people will debate that.

They can make the threshold something like 15-25 speed or below and like an 80 or above arm; if they're that slow, and you've got a Puig or a Gerardo Parra or Jayson Werth out in right, then you've got a shot. It can't be that difficult to implement, and it'd add some realism to the game while not being exploitative.

It just chaps my keister to see Reddick range to his left to scoop up a flared hit that dropped on the foul line, spin around almost 360 degrees, and pull off a sniper-accurate throw to third base to nail the runner, yet that same outfielder can't manage to hit the first baseman from a throw maybe fifteen paces behind where an infielder would be playing shallow right in a Thome shift.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
Pro

I can agree with what you're saying, but if that was the case we would have RF'ers with 10+ assists on outs at 1st. The reason you don't see it in baseball very often, is not because they can't do it more, but because there is a code. You don't take away a legit base hit from a guy that is hustling down to first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 04-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Anthonyg7575's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
What throwing interface were you using if you don't mind me asking? Because the only time I've even come close to it was using pure analog. Any other interface I've used (buttons/buttons accuracy) the 1st basemen always comes off the bag.
I just use the buttons, O for 1st. No meter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #16
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047219138

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »