Home

Pitching questions, mainly classic related

This is a discussion on Pitching questions, mainly classic related within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Pitching questions, mainly classic related

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
That's what I and a good portion of others thought but was wanting to have that confirmed. Now if I could just get the other 2 answered, I'd understand how to approach batters much better. My stats are good but the k totals are a little low and homers allowed are a little high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vibration is tied to the edges of the strike zone and the catchers glove represents where the pitch should end, not start.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Vibration is tied to the edges of the strike zone and the catchers glove represents where the pitch should end, not start.
True.

His first question is a tricky one though. Vibration, usually indicated by the edge of the zone, seems to shrink to within the zone when stamina and confidence/pitch confidence drops.

It's an interesting little detail programmed into the game. Anyone else notice this?
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
True.

His first question is a tricky one though. Vibration, usually indicated by the edge of the zone, seems to shrink to within the zone when stamina and confidence/pitch confidence drops.

It's an interesting little detail programmed into the game. Anyone else notice this?
It seems like it sometimes but not sure if it was all in my head or not. I always assumed if anything it would be tied to the variable strike zone though and didn't think of it being tied to confidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #12
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Pitching questions, mainly classic related

All I know is being moved to HoF+ and then legend and then back to HoF+ had me questioning everything I thought I knew or understood about classic. Having not had dynamic difficulty before, never even thought about touching legend.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It seems like it sometimes but not sure if it was all in my head or not. I always assumed if anything it would be tied to the variable strike zone though and didn't think of it being tied to confidence.
That's the part I'm wondering about. And no, you're not imagining things.

It seems to me, the vibration will begin well within the zone when my pitcher begins to lose control.

A lot of factors can cause control to drop. Stamina and confidence are the main ones. And when this happens, it seems to cause the ballmarker to vibrate well within the zone.

Now, I wonder if ratings effect this too? Or honestly, what actually causes this would be nice to know! I'm just sharing my experience and there's no doubt in my mind it exists in some form or fashion.

But what causes it is just a guess.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
All I know is being moved to HoF+ and then legend and then back to HoF+ had me questioning everything I thought I knew or understood about classic. Having not had dynamic difficulty before, never even thought about touching legend.

HOF+ and Legend with Classic will have you questioning a lot of things.

Such as, "Am I really real," or my favorite, "Do I even exist anymore?"

Those are challenging levels, my friend. I have to wonder if they're more suited for interfaces with more control attached. At least with my ability, any way! I'd imagine only the top tier of players can succeed there with Classic?
Old 06-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

I play with the ball marker off so I never really know where it is with relation to the strike zone when the vibration starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

What is the effect of putting more effort into the pitch? I think I saw something like a tap is for more accuracy, and pressing longer is for more effort.

When I tried more effort, pressing longer, seemed like I gained velocity. More velocity would seem to result in less break, at least that's what I'm thinking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »