Home

how do I get out of a cold streak?

This is a discussion on how do I get out of a cold streak? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
how do I get out of a cold streak?

How long do cold streaks last, I went from batting 3.70 to 3.10 with yasiel puig, now i cant hit anything, not even fastballs which in up in popouts,is it something I'm doing wrong,or is this how the game goes..how do you get out of a cold streak?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Trequartist's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: how do I get out of a cold streak?

I was hitting .080 with Puig through about 15 games and I decided to start zeroing in on pitches around the lower half of the plate and hitting the ball up the middle/right center. I raised his average up to .260 in about the same amount of games. Don't chase bad pitches and don't try to hit home runs.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

A lot of the time I find it being inside my head. In '12 I was hitting .400+ with Brett Lawrie heading into June, and all of a sudden I found myself swinging at too many pitches, not being selective enough. Like Tequartist said, zero in on a selected part of the zone and only swing at pitches in that little area unless you have two strikes on you.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacobo
How long do cold streaks last, I went from batting 3.70 to 3.10 with yasiel puig, now i cant hit anything, not even fastballs which in up in popouts,is it something I'm doing wrong,or is this how the game goes..how do you get out of a cold streak?
Good question sacobo........what I try with a slumping player is using the contact swing or if he is fast, lay down a bunt.

If that fails, take the player to a bar and hook him up with a 'slump buster special'. You will not find that item on the menu.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
Banned

allstardad's Arena

There really is no sure fire way to get out of slump. What I do sometimes is give the player a day off. Sometimes that works. Other times I'll move them down in the lineup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie

MannTooth24's Arena

Yeah it's been mentioned, but I think they key is taking pitches and being more selective with the pitches you swing at. I do this game to game. If i notice myself popping up or grounding out weakly multiple times in a row it's always because I swing at the first or second pitch, so I tell myself to slow down and wait for better pitches. The deeper a count goes, the better a pitch you will get. Also, I use contact for 99% of my swings with great success (including HRs), but definitely use contact whenever you're in a 2-strike count for a better chance at fouling off pitches and extending the at-bat.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Lately, in my RTTS, I've been going through the worst slump ever. I went 10 games without a single hit. It was insane.

So today, after going two more games without a hit, I decided I would change something about my swing. So I changed my load to where it was a little slower (since it seemed like I was always early).

Next thing you know, I go 4 straight multi-hit games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »