Home

3 Things That REALLY Bug Me

This is a discussion on 3 Things That REALLY Bug Me within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
3 Things That REALLY Bug Me

There are three things in the game that really annoy the tar out of me at the moment.

1. I can count on at least 3 pick off throws into the stands a game whenever I make a move to pick someone off at first which leads me to not even bother throwing over to first. Unrealistic IMO.

2. Usually at a critical point in the game using button throwing, you go to throw someone out and the fielder goes through the throwing motion only to have the ball stay in his hand. Been happening more and more lately, much to the demise of one controller being bounced repeatedly off the floor.

3. For 3 years have been trying to get the Rockies alternate black shirts without the purple sleeves. They have never been like this, just bugs the heck out of me every time they wear them.

Other than those, I love this game...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 3 Things That REALLY Bug Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil33
2. Usually at a critical point in the game using button throwing, you go to throw someone out and the fielder goes through the throwing motion only to have the ball stay in his hand. Been happening more and more lately, much to the demise of one controller being bounced repeatedly off the floor.
Do they still have the "cancel throw" feature in this game, and are you ever accidentally pressing the button twice? That would make the game do exactly what you're referring to.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
Rookie

MannTooth24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Do they still have the "cancel throw" feature in this game, and are you ever accidentally pressing the button twice? That would make the game do exactly what you're referring to.
Yes that feature is in the game and I think it may be on by default. I turned my off.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll turn it off and see if that makes a difference, thanks.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

If you turn off cancel throw, don't worry. You can cancel your throw by hitting the cutoff man button.

Either way, I would only find myself using cancel throw after a dead play for fun. When I did use it, it was on accident and cost me a run or hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

First, what difficulty level you have your THROWING at. HOF and Legend you have to be almost perfect with your throws. On all levels you have to be careful how hard u r pressing the button. Also what is your throwing errors at in your sliders and maybe fielding errors. I had this exact same problem until I stop letting my urgency make me throw harder. You can also fake a throw by pressing L-1 helps a little, let the game know u r paying attention.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil33
My catcher does this on occasion on steals. Starts the animation but he just stands there with his arm cocked.

Only thing more annoying is the horrendous animations waiting for your player to gather them self before they can throw. Never as bad in previous versions as this year.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

I certainly sympathize with your first complaint. It's ridiculous that we throw away pickoff moves so often. Or is there some trick to ensuring that you don't toss your pickoff throw into the stands?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »