Home

Got RTTS Triple Crown - TNK Slider (Pics, No GuessP, Zone+Analog)

This is a discussion on Got RTTS Triple Crown - TNK Slider (Pics, No GuessP, Zone+Analog) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

siber222000's Arena

OVR: 0
Got RTTS Triple Crown - TNK Slider (Pics, No GuessP, Zone+Analog)

Been playing MLB The Show since 08 and wow I finally achieved what I thought I couldn't do, Triple Crown!

Before I start, I must say I got very lucky that Miguel Cabrera was injured and out for the rest of the year because that guy was just hitting everything.. (Like in real life)

In addition, I thought I was never going to get this because I was playing with Zone + Analog along with Guess Pitch turned off so everything I hit, I had to recognize pitches.

Also by using TNK Slider, I must admit after playing through 3 seasons of RTTS,
Best MLB 14 The Show Slider Ever

I personally think it was very realistic and good starting point for any people.

Anyhow, therefore, the fact that I achieved makes me even more happy since now I'm much better at recognizing pitches (I mean come on after playing for 6 years, I guess it's about time and pressing X button to hit is too easy)

Anyhow, I had a relatively fast start of my MLB career because of how well I was hitting in the minors (Got pretty lucky with my opponent pitcher so as you can see from below picture, I only played 22 games in the minor before getting promoted).

However, I struggled mightily in my rookie year. Stats that I accumulated from being in minor didn't translate to major because my stats were just not high enough... However I still won my rookie of the year award thanks to my HR numbers I guess.

Then during 2015 season I was off to pretty good start, but I had to deal with season ending injury which knocked me out rest of my year (This is where I thought I need more durability stat) and I was pretty pissed.

Well, now comes 2016, I finally achieved what I thought was gonna be impossible to do. Triple Crown

I basically gave up on the idea of Triple Crown because how Miguel Cabrera was hitting, but then when I saw him go down, I thought I had a chance because I was within top 3 for all of categories except batting average (Which I was hitting around .319 when Miguel was hitting .340).

Overall, it was very close race due to the fact OP CPU started chasing me like crazy. Especially for the HR department I got lucky because I couldn't hit one for past 5 games and thank god Chris Davis only hit 1 on the final game.

Anyhow I finally achieved the impossible feat I thought I was never going to achieve and now time for the playoffs!

Here are the settings I used (I modified little bit from TNK Slider because it was little bit too contact friendly)

My stat:

I'm also very proud that I have more walks than strikeouts!

One more note though, when you win Triple Crown, you don't get any mails from GM saying that "Grats you won Triple Crown". As you can see from below image:

So whoever is telling you that, is lying.

Anyhow, Zone + Analog people, YOU CAN DO IT!

Thanks for reading
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Got RTTS Triple Crown - TNK Slider (Pics, No GuessP, Zone+Analog)

Congrats imo his sliders are pretty easy but they made me get better
Old 06-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

First, congrads!!! Second, I love TNK's sliders. I use them on everything. My RTTS (both pitcher and a 1B power batter), and also in my Franchise. I think his bring a great mix.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 06-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
Rookie

MantiMania's Arena

Damn, a triple-crown winning SS ?? You are well on your way to being one of the greatest of all time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »