Home

Classic Stadiums for PS4

This is a discussion on Classic Stadiums for PS4 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Stadiums for PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
What I don't understand is why the classics and minor league stadiums that are in the ps3 version are not in the ps4 version?...
This is exactly what I thought, and why I made the thread. I don't understand how they can have the rights to make it for Ps3, but not Ps4.

I was not talking about "new" classic stadiums, I was reffering directly to the 10 in the Ps3 version (Shibe, Polo, Crosley, Sportsman's, Forbes, Griffith, Dolphin, Shea, Yankee and Metrodome). Looks like the word is that they will not be made for the Ps4.

I COMPLETELY agree, at least 1 generic-dome, and one multi-purpose astroturf stadium from the 70's and 80's would be an outrageously great addition.

I still cannot get over skipping classic stadiums for the Ps4. A lot of baseball has to do with nostalgia and history, I wish the people who made this game understood that. From my view, it is something just completely missed, or not acknowledged. Discs of old-time stadiums and teams would sell, there is a definite audience for it. SD Studios appears to feel that particular market does not exist.

Last edited by Billy...a_kid; 06-19-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
What I don't understand is why the classics and minor league stadiums that are in the ps3 version are not in the ps4 version?
I wasn't aware they are still in the PS3 version. The answer about licensing makes less sense now. Can anyone clarify this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
A Stadium Creator would revolutionary, relatively speaking. As DLC it might even be feasible.
This would be the perfect addition. Take the old MVP feature to the next level
Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_maxpower
I wasn't aware they are still in the PS3 version. The answer about licensing makes less sense now. Can anyone clarify this?
Not sure why it doesn't make sense. Just because they are still on the PS3 doesn't mean it can be just imported to the PS4 without a license. It's possible that the license agreement for the PS3 doesn't mention PS4 which means Sony will have to pay to move them over to the PS4 which, has already been stated, doesn't make much financial sense for them since the amount of people buying them won't make it profitable for Sony.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Are we assuming it's a licensing issue or has that been stated? It's quite possible I've missed it so just curious.

My assumption was that since stadiums were re-done for the ps4 the reason for them not being in is the same as what Dalger had mentioned earlier in the thread.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Not sure why it doesn't make sense. Just because they are still on the PS3 doesn't mean it can be just imported to the PS4 without a license. It's possible that the license agreement for the PS3 doesn't mention PS4 which means Sony will have to pay to move them over to the PS4 which, has already been stated, doesn't make much financial sense for them since the amount of people buying them won't make it profitable for Sony.
It doesn't make sense that licensing these for the PS4 is cost prohibitive...I wouldn't think it's much at all.

I could buy that they didn't want to spend dev time and associated costs creating the PS4 versions...thats why I asked for clarification.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #14
Rookie

I've kind of given up on ever getting a straight answer. When they said all features from Ps3 would be in Ps4, I was stunned that there were 2 spring training stadiums and 0 classics. I think it would be pretty easy to just come out and say plainly and simply what is going, but I get the feeling they just do not want to commit to something and have things change.

Who knows...
Old 06-22-2014, 12:29 AM   #15
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

According to a thread at theshownation it said they simply didn't have time to get all of the ballparks ready before the release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 02:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_maxpower
This (create a stadium) would be the perfect addition. Take the old MVP feature to the next level
Best part about it would be the ability to create a new stadium for Oakland. Playing games there is just ugly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »