Home

Vault Sorting "Fix": WTF?

This is a discussion on Vault Sorting "Fix": WTF? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2014, 02:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Vault Sorting "Fix": WTF?

Starting with MLB 13: The Show, a bug was introduced that screwed up sorting in the vaults. The vault sorting was previously set to alphabetical unless you switched the sort types. Starting with MLB 13, a bug came up where it would switch to user rating sorting automatically when you went to the next page. This was NEVER fixed in MLB 13, despite myself filing a report on their fancy-pants new bug reporting thing, which of course no one from Sony San Diego ever seemed to look at.

I was infuriated to see this bug continued to persist in MLB 14, even the PS4 version. We pay $60 for this game every year. It's very realistic to expect simple stuff like this gets fixed. It makes it nearly impossible to find specific players in the Player Vault, especially as the season goes on and more people get added.

So I saw where someone again posted a bug report for this and it actually had a dev response.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10173

The response: "This has been fixed. As for sorting by name. That is something we will look into for the future. Thanks for the report."

This response completely baffled me. I have no idea how the issue could be fixed, yet alphabetical sorting is something they will "look into for the future". Why are you looking into the future for something that had been there in every game until the bug appeared in MLB 13?

So of course, this inspired me to fire up MLB 14 for my PS4, which has been collecting dust for weeks because of the bug that won't save custom cameras (a whole different rant for another time).

What is Sony San Diego's idea of a "fix"? They defaulted everything to the user rating on the first page, completely eliminating alphabetical sorting.

What in the hell is going on over there? How hard is it to make alphabetical sorting work now when it worked in every game through MLB 12? Beyond frustrated with this total lack of competence in handling this. Between this and the custom camera bug still not being fixed almost two months after the PS4 launch, I think these issues are finally what stops me from buying this game at launch every year.

I really REALLY hate to post such negative stuff considering how much I have enjoyed these games. I'll understand if a mod closes this because it's too negative. But I had to just get this out there. These little problems that take forever to get addressed (if they even do) are driving me up the damn wall.

Last edited by AnEternalEnigma; 06-24-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 03:48 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Vault Sorting "Fix": WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEternalEnigma
Starting with MLB 13: The Show, a bug was introduced that screwed up sorting in the vaults. The vault sorting was previously set to alphabetical unless you switched the sort types. Starting with MLB 13, a bug came up where it would switch to user rating sorting automatically when you went to the next page. This was NEVER fixed in MLB 13, despite myself filing a report on their fancy-pants new bug reporting thing, which of course no one from Sony San Diego ever seemed to look at.

I was infuriated to see this bug continued to persist in MLB 14, even the PS4 version. We pay $60 for this game every year. It's very realistic to expect simple stuff like this gets fixed. It makes it nearly impossible to find specific players in the Player Vault, especially as the season goes on and more people get added.

So I saw where someone again posted a bug report for this and it actually had a dev response.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10173

The response: "This has been fixed. As for sorting by name. That is something we will look into for the future. Thanks for the report."

This response completely baffled me. I have no idea how the issue could be fixed, yet alphabetical sorting is something they will "look into for the future". Why are you looking into the future for something that had been there in every game until the bug appeared in MLB 13?

So of course, this inspired me to fire up MLB 14 for my PS4, which has been collecting dust for weeks because of the bug that won't save custom cameras (a whole different rant for another time).

What is Sony San Diego's idea of a "fix"? They defaulted everything to the user rating on the first page, completely eliminating alphabetical sorting.

What in the hell is going on over there? How hard is it to make alphabetical sorting work now when it worked in every game through MLB 12? Beyond frustrated with this total lack of competence in handling this. Between this and the custom camera bug still not being fixed almost two months after the PS4 launch, I think these issues are finally what stops me from buying this game at launch every year.

I really REALLY hate to post such negative stuff considering how much I have enjoyed these games. I'll understand if a mod closes this because it's too negative. But I had to just get this out there. These little problems that take forever to get addressed (if they even do) are driving me up the damn wall.
I like many others i would guess have no issues with the vault or getting the rosters/sliders we want. It takes you a minute of extra time at most? There are much more important things that need to be looked at before this is even contemplated being fixed.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I like many others i would guess have no issues with the vault or getting the rosters/sliders we want. It takes you a minute of extra time at most? There are much more important things that need to be looked at before this is even contemplated being fixed.
Looks like you either didn't read the post entirely or didn't comprehend what he was saying. This is about the "player" vault, not the rosters/sliders vault like you posted. Kinda makes no sense to not include an alphabetical search in a vault that is generally posted by "player" name.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Yup I agree, the list of bugs not getting fixed is starting to grow a bit, certainly enough for me not to purchase day one and not before waiting a couple weeks to a month to read reviews. Worse case I'll just play an older version for my baseball fix if need be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #5
Rookie

I too have been frustrated by this glitch. I understand that this is probably "low" on their priority list of fixes, but considering you could sort alphabetically in previous games and then suddenly you couldn't is very odd. I'm not a programmer or anything, but is this REALLY something that would take a lot of time/resources to quickly fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »