Home

Old 06-25-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
RISP

Does any one else find that they suck getting hits with RISP? I have alrease found htting to be a little to hard in this games and I find the biggest thing is that I cant semed to cash in with hits when I have guys in score postion. The last 10 games I think I am scoring about 3 runs a game and I would say I am probly around 200 average with RISP maybe even a little lower. I just had a game the other day where I was 0-12 with RISP. I think that is the worst 0 for I have had in a game with RISP. What is the worst 0 for you guys have had in a game with RISP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: RISP

For a bit, I had an issue with RISP but I went back to the replays and the pitching/hitting charts to see what I might be doing wrong since I would pop-up/weak grounder with RISP for what seemed like 0-for-the-month in RTTS. I noticed that since there were runners on, I was trying too hard to knock them in. I wasn't being patient at the plate like I normally was and chased a few bad ones. Try treating the RISP ABs as just normal ABs. Once I figured that out, pulled off a 9-RBI game with my RTTS player with 3 ABs coming with multiple runners in scoring position.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

As far as I know, the game doesn't amp up the difficulty with RISP and there's nothing magic about hitting with RISP. You are probably just pressing. If you keep the same approach as when the bases are empty (except for trying to avoid grounding into double plays etc..) you will be ok. My overall team batting average in 54 games of my franchise is .252 and it's .251 with RISP. I don't do anything special. You also need to look at the results over a bigger sample of games. One game alone means nothing actually. Finally, not getting a hit when you have RISP feels crappier than when you have no one on, so you will feel it worse, but the stats (RISP vs non-RISP) are probably not much different.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

While I think part of it is that when I get guys in scoring postion I tend to get nervors and swin at more crap but it also fells like when I get guys in scoring postion I tend to hit into more double plays and It fells like the cpu makes more diving catches. It just semeds like I have to many games where I get 10-11 hits but only get 2-3 runs where if I could have just got like one more hit with RISP I could have made those 2-3 runs more like 5-6 runs.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I would say waiting it out is the best thing to do. The Show captures the swings of baseball beautifully, and part of that includes stretches where you just can't seem to score no matter what you do. Teams go through entire months of horrid offense, so a week and a half isn't that huge a deal, I don't think.

I went through a three-game stretch where all I could seem to do was hit into double plays with one on and nobody out. It wasn't that the game was broken, just that I was having a slump.

As much as possible, just embrace those moments as being part of the baseball experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #6
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I find it easier, actually. Because I know they don't want to give up a walk, I am gonna get something to hit. So I sit on a location, and be willing to take a strike If I don't get what I want. Less Nibbling goes on when you have a dangerous situation.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
Rookie

RHutch's Arena

OVR: 0

To echo what a couple of people here have said, I've found if I relax it really is a lot easier. Just try and not get too ampped up (easier said then done I know) and work the count.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #8
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
As far as I know, the game doesn't amp up the difficulty with RISP and there's nothing magic about hitting with RISP. You are probably just pressing. If you keep the same approach as when the bases are empty (except for trying to avoid grounding into double plays etc..) you will be ok. My overall team batting average in 54 games of my franchise is .252 and it's .251 with RISP. I don't do anything special. You also need to look at the results over a bigger sample of games. One game alone means nothing actually. Finally, not getting a hit when you have RISP feels crappier than when you have no one on, so you will feel it worse, but the stats (RISP vs non-RISP) are probably not much different.
Clutch rating is actually your hitting raiting with runners on. So, if you have a high clutch rating, you will see a pop with high clutch ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »