Home

Accidentally Switched PSN Profiles, User Settings Disappeared

This is a discussion on Accidentally Switched PSN Profiles, User Settings Disappeared within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Accidentally Switched PSN Profiles, User Settings Disappeared

Half-asleep this morning, I accidentally switched to a different PSN profile. After figuring out what I did, I switched back.

Now, my Dynamic Difficulty profile is completely gone (incredibly frustrating), my Franchise's 30-team control CPU profile is gone as well, and I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

Anyone figured out a way to get those back? Or, as I suspect, am I screwed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Accidentally Switched PSN Profiles, User Settings Disappeared

Happens to me everytime I change the PSN user. My current The Show user profile resets to default. Extremely annoying, maybe just another bug or what am I doing wrong?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 06-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

When do you guys switch profiles for this to happen? Is it when the game is loaded? Has it happened if you change profiles on the dashboard before starting the game? Will a second controller signing in do the same thing (both in game or at the dashboard)?

Just trying to make sure I don't accidentally recreate whatever steps you guys are doing.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Happens to me everytime I change the PSN user. My current The Show user profile resets to default. Extremely annoying, maybe just another bug or what am I doing wrong?
This is most definitely a bug. I have had this happen twice, the worst is having Dyn Difficulty reset and have to start over again. Between this problem and Custom Camera resetting/not saving every time you load the game, I have stopped playing MLB TS in the PS4. I can't believe that these issues are still not fixed/patched by now (almost 2 months now).
Old 06-28-2014, 06:06 AM   #5
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
This is most definitely a bug. I have had this happen twice, the worst is having Dyn Difficulty reset and have to start over again. Between this problem and Custom Camera resetting/not saving every time you load the game, I have stopped playing MLB TS in the PS4. I can't believe that these issues are still not fixed/patched by now (almost 2 months now).
I know, it has been almost 2 months and still nothing is fixed...

The user settings are even still called the same as I did before, just everything is reset to the default settings.

Hope somebody else knows who to reproduce it exactly, I don't feel like doing everything all over again after doing it so many times. I think it happens for sure is that it happens when you do the following: shut down the game (not the console) switch to another user profile, switch back to the original one (the one you use to play the show) and then start the game again, then your settings will be back at default. Also if you done close the show before switching it'll happen.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

This was happening to me when the game came out. How I solved it is to fully log out of the PS4 instead of switching users. Make sure the other user closes the application, too.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacong
This was happening to me when the game came out. How I solved it is to fully log out of the PS4 instead of switching users. Make sure the other user closes the application, too.
so annoying just happened again... it hasn't been fixed in the patch, not that I expected it but still I can't comprehend how many bugs and glitches are in this game

Old 07-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
so annoying just happened again... it hasn't been fixed in the patch, not that I expected it but still I can't comprehend how many bugs and glitches are in this game
I agree. I know it's their first attempt on the PS4, but they're Sony first party. Surely they've had access to the development kits for a while longer than other developers, and their game even releases seven months after launch. Maybe it's just a lack of manpower and it wasn't possible to have a high level of quality between the Vita, PS3 and PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »