Home

Fewest runs scored and least given up, every year.

This is a discussion on Fewest runs scored and least given up, every year. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #25
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fewest runs scored and least given up, every year.

Using the Cubs same as the OP, Hof Hit(Zone)/Pit(Meter) and All-Star fielding. Last in runs and 5th in era. Offensively I hit into many double plays and don't hit for power. Team BA is .228 and obp .285ish. Pitching wise I don't walk many guys at all. Maybe 2 per game, and I also induce plenty of dp's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #26
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Using the Cubs same as the OP, Hof Hit(Zone)/Pit(Meter) and All-Star fielding. Last in runs and 5th in era. Offensively I hit into many double plays and don't hit for power. Team BA is .228 and obp .285ish. Pitching wise I don't walk many guys at all. Maybe 2 per game, and I also induce plenty of dp's.
This is almost exactly the way I am. I hit into a ton of double plays, almost last in home runs. Last in RBIs. I continually chalk it up to me playing as the Cubs.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #27
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Yeah, playing as the Cubs doesn't help also I can never hit with Castro. He has never batted better than .250 for me..in ever version of the show.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #28
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Yeah, playing as the Cubs doesn't help also I can never hit with Castro. He has never batted better than .250 for me..in ever version of the show.
Ha, that's funny because I thought I was the only one. He's been below the Mendoza Line for me for most of the season. Only recently is he in the low .200's.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #29
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Hey Gagon, have you had any more crashes with your ps4 since earlier today.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #30
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Hey Gagon, have you had any more crashes with your ps4 since earlier today.
I haven't played a game since about 10:00 this morning. I'm planning on logging some serious time tonight though. I'm crossing my fingers.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #31
MVP

I use manage mode exclusively and the game has taken a major step backward. I submitted a bug report and the report was closed with a message "this is something we will look into for next year".

Sounds like it won't get fixed. My suggestion in the future is for those who want a lot of chased pitches and low scoring games, make that an option but don't force it on everybody.

I've never adjusted a slider but if it isn't addressed in a patch I guess I'll have to start guessing with a bunch of slider adjustments.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #32
Banned

My biggest gripe with the show is the game seems slanted all the time towards the low scoring games..Sure I have a few blowouts, a few..But I am hitting .278 in the league, .#1 overall and am 20th in runs. The issues are 2 fold.****nners often do not score on singles to the outfield as outfielders are either to close or have great arms, making it harder to score. Seems there is way too much Perfect contact, pound the ball hard right at someone all the time, my line drive outs are very exaggerated, or the CPU makes a diving play, always seems way worse with RISP. Yes Great contact only to get out happens in real ball, but not like this.

How many times have I had runners on, to hit the ball hard right at the pitcher, bounce off him, right to another defender or close to the pitcher for an out? Still not fixed after all these years.

I can hit, been playing the show since 08, lead the lead in average and HR yet 20th in runs? Something doesn't add up. Too much great hard contact always lined out right at someone.

The other issue is seems every CPU hitter is barry bonds in their plate discipline. LEad the league in Runs against, ERA yet near last in strikeouts, pitches just off thew plate that almost always take rarely get strikouts them chasing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »