Home

CPU starts same pitcher back to back

This is a discussion on CPU starts same pitcher back to back within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
CPU starts same pitcher back to back

In my jays franchise the twins started the same pitcher back to back against me. Anyone ever see this before? First time for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: CPU starts same pitcher back to back

I've had it happen in the past, don't recall having it happen this year. It usually happens after the cpu makes a roster adjustment (trade, place someone on DL, or activate someone off DL)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Regent's Arena

OVR: 1

I saw this in RTTS (PS4) a couple of days ago. I don't recall the pitcher, but we pounded him early and he left the game with one out in the third. The next day, he started again. His ENG started at around 50%, but he did last 5 innings the second day.

I just chalked it up to a tired rotation, and the manager calling him into the office, channeling his best Burgess Meridith, and telling him he needed him to go throw it until his arm fell off, then throw one more.

Edit: Went back and found it. Jeremey Hefner,NYM started 6/19 (3.2 9H 6ER 1BB 3K) and 6/20 (4IP 4H 4ER 2BB 3K) against the Marlins (my team before the trade that has me DH'n in Anaheim while Albert is on the DL). Took the loss both days.

Last edited by Regent; 07-06-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #4
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah the Rotation thing needs to be fixed. there has to be a way you can skip someone in the rotation, but the game keeps that rotation day in it's 'memory' because in the playoffs even after a days rest the person in slot 1 should be starting game 1 of the next game, but the game will always have it the next person on the rotation. the 5th starter hardly ever pitches in the playoffs. I guess you could move them to the BP

For example the first 2 games on the calender are D backa snd Dodgers, because of the weeks rest Kewshaw should have been starting opening day March 31, but the game says its Ryu. if you decide to choose Kewshaw for opening day march 31, the next day the game thinks then its the person in the 5th slot that starts the next day, so then it thinks Kewshaw will start again on the 3rd day it doesn't reset the rotation. can be frustrating.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've had it happen in the past, don't recall having it happen this year. It usually happens after the cpu makes a roster adjustment (trade, place someone on DL, or activate someone off DL)
This.

It has happened to me before, and it's always because the CPU had just made some sort of adjustment.

So, Pitcher A is #1 in the rotation and Pitcher B is #2... suddenly the CPU makes a trade and auto-adjusts their roster... and Pitcher A ends up in spot #2 of the rotation. Since the game is programmed to start spot #2 next that means Pitcher A is out there again, and it doesn't later how tired he is.

It's a stupid bug.

It's been in the game since last year, and it never gets fixed.

It affect all game modes.

Either they don't know it's bugged, or they don't know how program a fix for it and they just leave it bugged.

*shrugs*
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »