Home

Quick Counts Problems

This is a discussion on Quick Counts Problems within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quick Counts Problems

Let me start by saying I love the concept of quick counts and the ability it gives you to play so many games in so little time. I also think that they did a great job with it for being the first year in the game. However, some difficulties I have found with it are the following, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues.
Please reply to let me know if you have, I'm interested to see if I'm the only one

Pitching:
-Guys with high control ratings and a good BB/9 rating start with 3 ball counts way too often
-It seems like late in the game with your SPs pitch count getting to triple digits every single batter starts with a full count, which really hurts his ability to go deep in the game.

Batting:
Pretty much the same as pitching but opposite
-I'm starting at bats with 0-2 and 1-2 counts too frequently against subpar pitchers.
-Again, opposite from the pitching: In the last third of the game if I'm behind it feels like almost every batter starts with a 2 strike count which forces you to hit defensively making it too hard to rally and attempt any sort of comeback.

Finally just want to mention something I saw in another form.
I don't think it would hurt to start a few batters per game off with a 0-0 0-1 or 1-0 count. That way they could get rid of obnoxiously taking away a pitch from the pitch count every batter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Quick Counts Problems

You make some great points. To see the discussion that took place here for a few months check out this thread. If you feel as though you need to add anything to it please post there. It can serve as a good reference of quick counts discussion.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...unts-nope.html

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »