Home

epic base running glitch [video]

This is a discussion on epic base running glitch [video] within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: epic base running glitch [video]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmildagreat
Perhaps I did leave too early. Doesn't make sense as to why they would throw it home in that case though. The CPU will generally throw back to untagged base.

Next time I need to do a better job of capturing the clip since you can't actual see when I left in the video. I don't know of any good way to upload clips on the PS4 without using Facebook though. No thanks.
I used to feel like that, but its not really that difficult to create a dummy fb account for one single purpose (like uploading videos). You just need an alternate email account to verify it and then you never have to look at FB again except to download the videos you saved to your PC (which can then be uploaded to youtube). Sounds complicated but it really isn't, and its the best we can do until we can upload directly to youtube.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #10
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

There isnt even a need to use FB anymore. You can save the videos to a flash drive from the PS4. Just have to go to the capture gallery from the dashboard.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
Rookie

nickefer's Arena

OVR: 3

I wouldn't declare this a glitch. Mainly because we can't see the runner on 3rd. You most likely left the bag too early and therefore got tagged out. Also this is why your base runner just stood on home plate instead of running through it.

No glitch, just poor base running.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #12
Rookie

taiter220's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickefer
I wouldn't declare this a glitch. Mainly because we can't see the runner on 3rd. You most likely left the bag too early and therefore got tagged out. Also this is why your base runner just stood on home plate instead of running through it.

No glitch, just poor base running.
"Also this is why your base runner just stood on home plate instead of running through it."

There's no excuse for a base runner to stand inches from home plate and wait to be tagged. It would never happen. That's exactly what a glitch is. Regardless of whether leaving early triggered this or not, if a certain action by a user triggers the game to perform an unrealistic animation or sequence then that is a glitch.

I've left early from 3rd plenty of times and the CPU just throws back to 3rd for the easy double up, like they do on all other plays when you tag early. Regardless of whether a runner leaves early or not, in real life or on the Show, the fielder always throws back to runner's starting base. Very seldom will you see the fielder physically tag the runner that left too early. It never happens because during the play it's highly unlikely any of the fielders involved would actually know that the runner left early. That's why 99% of double up plays are appealed by the defense, which results in simply tagging the base.

The AI in the Show knows when you leave early, hence the immediate throw to the runner's starting bag EVERY time you leave early. This guy can actually make the argument that he didn't leave early because the AI always throws back to runner's starting base.

Maybe it was poor base running, but it's still a glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »