Home

Ever reach 100 walks?

This is a discussion on Ever reach 100 walks? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ever reach 100 walks?

In RttS I hit 97.

In Franchise I had 83 with Anthony Rizzo, but Im sure I would have hit 100 if he didnt miss 2 months.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewe22
90 walks in RTTS in my last season which is my highest total to date.
If I didnt bite on the high/high inside FB, Id have many more. I've blown so many 3-2 AB's by trying to hit that pitch.
Same here, FB middle up is my chocolate cake, I'm a very patent hitter, and draw plenty of walks, (although I don't think I have over 100 in any season from this year's game), but "SOMETIMES" you can get me to swing on a 95+ FB WAY up above the letters. And it always screws up my whole at-bat!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #11
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

I am only at 41 with a month left. I probably average 5 pitchers seen per ab....honestly. I get it to a full count nearly every time, but the CPU seems to always make a perfect 3-2 pitch or I have to be willing to take a borderline pitch. My goal was to just have more walks than strikeouts and so far I am.

Do you guys touch the CPU's pitching sliders at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 05:46 AM   #12
Banned

BlueJayPower's Arena

It seems impossible to draw a walk without taking the count to 3-2, and even then the CPU turns into Greg Maddux at his finest. I've had so many full counts where I've had to foul off 3-4 STRIKES only to take the next pitch thinking he's gotta miss this time! But no, 99% of the time in those situations I strike out looking. To call it frustrating would be a huge understatement.

I do alter the CPU pitching sliders, using the sliders posted here on OS and tweaking them a bit to my own preference. Last year I walked 78 times with Encarnacion in my fantasy draft franchise (team high). I used 5/4/3 for control, consistency, strike frequency on all star with pitch speed at 10. For the amount of pitches I see though, the numbers just don't add up.

If anyone has a link to some data with four of five pitch walks issued per MLB game that would be awesome. Feels like you really have to scratch and claw just to muster 3 walks a game.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayPower
It seems impossible to draw a walk without taking the count to 3-2, and even then the CPU turns into Greg Maddux at his finest. I've had so many full counts where I've had to foul off 3-4 STRIKES only to take the next pitch thinking he's gotta miss this time! But no, 99% of the time in those situations I strike out looking. To call it frustrating would be a huge understatement.

I do alter the CPU pitching sliders, using the sliders posted here on OS and tweaking them a bit to my own preference. Last year I walked 78 times with Encarnacion in my fantasy draft franchise (team high). I used 5/4/3 for control, consistency, strike frequency on all star with pitch speed at 10. For the amount of pitches I see though, the numbers just don't add up.

If anyone has a link to some data with four of five pitch walks issued per MLB game that would be awesome. Feels like you really have to scratch and claw just to muster 3 walks a game.
I use 4,4,4...and the strike percentage is pretty much realistic. Usually the CPU throws 55-65 pct for strikes. But like you said it feels like I have to work a 3-2 count most of the time, foul 3-4 pitches, then take a borderline pitch or layoff a perfectly placed low changeup just underneath the zone (which is almost impossible to take).

Another thing that annoys me is how effective changeups are in this game. Most of the time they are 10-14 mph slower than their max fastball, however IRL we know that average changeups are 5-6 mph slower. Some may be 10+ mph slower, but not every end of the rotation guy should have such good changeups.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #14
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Ended up with 111 in that particular season. Play on HoF and the default sliders.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #15
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

I get certain guys to the mark. It's hard, but I do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #16
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I just finished out my 2016 season in RTTS, I had a career high 16 walks. I hit .338 but my OBP was something around .350. lol

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »