Home

Timing Hitting Power Swing : are you guys seeing solid exta base hits ??

This is a discussion on Timing Hitting Power Swing : are you guys seeing solid exta base hits ?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Timing Hitting Power Swing : are you guys seeing solid exta base hits ??

@ the original thread, Yeah I noticed big time. I just keep trying and getting the lineup to get hot at the same time. In 13' I had monster success using the power swing mechanic. Not just hitting homers, but getting those gappers using the appropriate players of course. I am playing in franchise mode. I am going to try to use the normal swing only the next three game series to see how it goes... Team BA .209 yikes....
Old 07-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDream
Hey guys. I just started a franchise with the Reds.I play on allstar level. Im not the best hitter to begin with,but im trying. Im only getting 3,4 hits a game using X normal and O contact. I never really use power swing. Should I start to use Power on 2-0,2-1,3-1 counts with just my power hitters like Votto,Bruce ? Are you guys having any success with power swing,hard line drive gappers,homers ? How many times per game do you guys use power swing 1 - 5 ? 5 -10 ? I know power also increases pop-outs and strike outs...thanks for any help out there !!!
You could just switch to using the Padres and call this the most realistic game ever! Oh, I just made myself sad...
Old 07-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I personally use PCI on Hall of Fame difficulty (legacy seemed a little unrealistic with pitchers accuracy). If I was you I would use PCI as well just drop your difficulty all the way down to beginner to get used to using it then when you graduate from that go with dynamic to find which difficulty is best/fun for you. Drop your pitch speed down to 2-3 so you actually have time to read pitches. I feel a lot more satisfaction when I'm hitting the cover off the ball using PCI over timing. Plus you have much more control over centering up the ball to the barrel. I don't really use power swing that much...doesn't matter how hard you swing if you don't make good contact. Just stick to normal swing and focus on making good contact. It feels really good to hit a no-doubter when using PCI.

Just my .02$
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDream
Hey guys. I just started a franchise with the Reds.I play on allstar level. Im not the best hitter to begin with,but im trying. Im only getting 3,4 hits a game using X normal and O contact. I never really use power swing. Should I start to use Power on 2-0,2-1,3-1 counts with just my power hitters like Votto,Bruce ? Are you guys having any success with power swing,hard line drive gappers,homers ? How many times per game do you guys use power swing 1 - 5 ? 5 -10 ? I know power also increases pop-outs and strike outs...thanks for any help out there !!!
I use zone hitting and with no strikes I sit on a specific location and use power if its there and take it if it's anywhere else even if it's a strike. on 1 strike i use normal and with two strikes i generally go contact. I've seen non power hitters hit gappers with the power swing but if you use power and the pitch isn't squared up you will either hit a lazy pop up, grounder or miss all together. When a power guy connects uses a power swing, it's a thing of beauty.

Maybe that strategy will work? I find it makes sure I'm not swinging at a pitchers pitch with 0 strikes. As before I started doing this I was putting balls in play that even though they were strikes were not good balls to hit.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 24

The Power Swing button is like Kim Kardashian. At first glance it might seem like a good idea, and its allure and temptation are easy to see. But you really do yourself more harm than good by touching it, and in the long run, you'll be better off if you just don't.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

For those that use timing hitting do u use any sliders ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 07-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
For those that use timing hitting do u use any sliders ?
I raise contact to help mitigate the sometimes (often?) wild randomness in PCI location.

Try to make it at least more reasonable with misses still being possible, but not swinging at the knees on a pitch at the letters kind of missing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #16
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I put contact & timing at 7 for me (All-Star). I definitely don't find it TOO easy at all. It's still challenging for my skill level.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »