Home

MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: List of changes in MLB 14 The Show PS4 (1.12) patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
"Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong." Never noticed this an issue. Is this another worthless (to me) online issue? I hope they arent talking about the variable strike zone. I love that feature. I love the edges being hit or miss. It has screwed me and helped me.

Played a couple of games since the patch, the strike zone is still variable and borderline calls or close calls are still made to go either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigurd
Don't get too happy it's definitely the same. I don't get it, they rescanned his face and it looks better in the ps3 version I have heard but it never made it to the ps4 for some reason.

Not sure if I am remembering right but the face for Evan Gattis looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayy_rod
not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but i didn't see it in the notes.

In franchise games right at the start up when they show the defensive alignment (not the batting order) the name's for SS & 3B will be swapped. Anyone else have that happen? It's very minor I suppose, but while we're fixing things....

That glitch with the SS and 3B names being swapped is still not fixed.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #74
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
The organ music is a huge improvement. That's one of the things I always loved about The Show. Especially at Wrigley, the organ isn't similar, it is dead on.
Glad they got that in the patch. Certainly adds to the ball park feel!!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #75
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

played 2 games post patch and really enjoying the game. Didn't really notice any differences in the strike zone and how its called. However, with that said, I started Lance Lynn and struck out 13 hitters! In game two, I started Tyler Lyons and total with the pen, combined for 15 strike outs!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkizzlemynizzle
I have downloaded and installed the patch, and Simmons has the same face. Don't know what that patch fix list was talking about when it said it was fixed...
I didn't really pay much attention before, but it looked the same to me. Not a huge deal for me either way.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
played 2 games post patch and really enjoying the game. Didn't really notice any differences in the strike zone and how its called. However, with that said, I started Lance Lynn and struck out 13 hitters! In game two, I started Tyler Lyons and total with the pen, combined for 15 strike outs!
Is it easier to pitch now?

I haven't actually played a game with the patch yet.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #78
Rookie

shaneomac's Arena

OVR: 2

"At-bat ambient Organ music addressed"

what does that mean exactly and is it for the ps3 version as well?
Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Is it easier to pitch now?

I haven't actually played a game with the patch yet.
I honestly don't know if its easier to pitch or if I just was on fire for these two games. I did see more swing thrus by the cpu than I had before. I pitch on Hall of Fame.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 PM   #80
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I am not sure if i overlooked it but was when stealing a base does the runner still slide no matter what?
This is by far my biggest issue with the title, as it completely breaks hit and run, and I'm stunned to see it's not addressed in the patch notes.

Don't have my PS4 in front of me right now, but I will test it tomorrow. If this isn't fixed (I suspect it's not), then I officially give up on this year's version and I'll be trading it in while the trade value is still high.

I acknowledge the effort that must have gone into this patch, but there are just too many problems with this installment for me to truly enjoy have any real fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »