Home

MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #25
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Just had my first game since the patch...ah organs music everywhere! Lovely

Though it's a shame the lighting in Wrigley is still broken during night games. I pitch in broadcast view so the black wall looks a bit rubbish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #26
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 14 The Show 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) Available Now - Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I've read if you don't play the D'Backs - Dodgers opening series, you will get the OD bug (Plays OD commentary/displays in every Franchise pregame)... Is that still the case with the patch?
Ive never played it. Never gotten the issue. I always thought the issue was with simming on that date. If you click on March 22nd and select sim you would get the OD every game. As long as you clicked on March 23rd or later and simmed then it was fine.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #27
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Dissapointed not to see RTTS having pitchers at bat try to bunt. (they don't in RTTS), and in standard gameplay, when trying to slide and break up the double play the issue of the batter sliding in at 1st. not being fixed.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #28
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable
Just had my first game since the patch...ah organs music everywhere! Lovely

Though it's a shame the lighting in Wrigley is still broken during night games. I pitch in broadcast view so the black wall looks a bit rubbish.
Yeah it's some weird shadowing. I also pitch broadcast so I know what you're saying. There's also a random extra shadow on the left field wall in day games and I can't figure out what it's a shadow of.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #29
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Curious to hear if online is much more playable now.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #30
Rookie

I was just hoping for a frame rate fix and a lighting fix. Really sucks to hit a walk-off HR and then for the game to drop to below 30 FPS while my team celebrates at home plate.

I don't play online, nor do I play diamond dynasty, so all this waiting for a patch that only fixes a couple small things relevant to me is a bit of a letdown. I mean "repeated jumping on a pop fly causing runners to advance"? I had no idea that was even a thing until these notes. And getting the HR derby to work during install is neat and all, but I don't think sales of The Show are going to increase any time soon, so I don't get why this needed attention.

And who plays on music mode anyway? I couldn't stand the soundtrack after a day or two, I couldn't imagine having to listen to it during games as well.

Nice to see they fixed the color corruption issue. Strange thing is though, I had it happen more often when I first got The Show and I haven't run into it yet during July.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #31
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Did they fix the issue where after u win a game it cuts to show the manager and the dugout is almost completely black?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #32
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Dumb question. How do you apply the patch? Psn store?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »