Home

Old 07-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #9
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: guess pitch and location

I've thought about using either or both of these. Early in counts, it seems I can see and be patient most of the time, I am a swinger. As it gets more tense I tend to see the pitch leave the pitcher and I swing. Like I automatically think its in the zone and it isnt even 10 ft from the pitcher lol. I dont use strike zones or hot zone. When I had the strike zone on, it just screws up my vision more. I just havent been able to break that. So I was thinking one or both of these may help and only use it like 1 or 2 pitches per batter at bat.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
Rookie

thatzacdavis's Arena

Why not "guess" every pitch and if you get lucky, then good. If not, just hit like you didn't guess?
Old 07-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #11
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatzacdavis
Why not "guess" every pitch and if you get lucky, then good. If not, just hit like you didn't guess?
As someone said earlier, guessing wrong lowers your attributes. But more importantly, when you rely on the guess, you aren't trying to recognize the pitch yourself. It only takes a few games of being patient and not just hacking away, to start picking up the ball on release. What would you rather do. Get lucky with a 1 in 20 guess, or learn how to approach the plate and have good at bats the majority of the time. Learning how to recognise the pitch is the only way to do the latter. Someone who truly wants to get better, gets rid of guess pitch.

And 1 more important thing to remember. Even if you have good quality atbats, even the best fail about 7 out of 10 times to hit safely. The important thing is to have a good approach, and get good solid swings on the ball. The hits will come. You want solid contact as frequently as possible. Don't get discourged if you hit a ball solid at someone. You hit it solid, you did the right thing and were just a bit unlucky.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 07-20-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #12
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I use No Feedback, that way I can still sit on a pitch and get the bonus, without getting that annoying red dot, makes it more realistic imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »