Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
MVP
 
COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HARLEM NYC
Blog Entries: 5
guess pitch and location

i know people say it is bad. but for those that do you use how do you go about for picking what pitch and what location to guess?
COMMISSIONERHBK9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
MVP
 
SwedishTouch76's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Vancouver BC
Re: guess pitch and location

Depends on the pitcher and his patterns. Obviously 2-0 3-1 ill look fastball. Ill look at his pitch confidence as well. Some guys have good offspeed and will throw it in fastball counts. I generally just guess pitch now and not location. Then I feel like I have to swing if im right
SwedishTouch76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
MVP
 
COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HARLEM NYC
Blog Entries: 5
Re: guess pitch and location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Depends on the pitcher and his patterns. Obviously 2-0 3-1 ill look fastball. Ill look at his pitch confidence as well. Some guys have good offspeed and will throw it in fastball counts. I generally just guess pitch now and not location. Then I feel like I have to swing if im right
im bad at seeing the ball so i guess location. they change it this year so if u just guess location it shows up very late. so that why i am guessing pitch too because it will so up immediately.
COMMISSIONERHBK9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #4
Who? Giroux!
 
ManiacMatt1782's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,990
Blog Entries: 7
Re: guess pitch and location

Its a crutch tgat ruins your approach as a hitter.
ManiacMatt1782 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #5
Who? Giroux!
 
ManiacMatt1782's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,990
Blog Entries: 7
Re: guess pitch and location

You are better off trying to pick up release point. Go into batting practice and just watch the ball out of the pitchers hand. You start to pick up right away when pitches are gonna be low or high.
ManiacMatt1782 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #6
MVP
 
COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HARLEM NYC
Blog Entries: 5
Re: guess pitch and location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
You are better off trying to pick up release point. Go into batting practice and just watch the ball out of the pitchers hand. You start to pick up right away when pitches are gonna be low or high.
ok matt i listen to u because u steer me in the right direction in ufc so i trust u lol
COMMISSIONERHBK9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #7
MVP
 
SwedishTouch76's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Vancouver BC
Re: guess pitch and location

Well hitters in real life will look at a certain location and or pitch type in favourable counts. If youre constantly guessing ya that will screw you up. Its whatever works for you really. I dont use it much as your ratings are lowered if you still swing after guessing wrong I believe
SwedishTouch76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
Who? Giroux!
 
ManiacMatt1782's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,990
Blog Entries: 7
Re: guess pitch and location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Well hitters in real life will look at a certain location and or pitch type in favourable counts. If youre constantly guessing ya that will screw you up. Its whatever works for you really. I dont use it much as your ratings are lowered if you still swing after guessing wrong I believe
This is correct. I "guess" all the time but not with the in game mechanic. I have developed a decent eye. If the pitch doesn't go where I am waiting for it. I just lay off. Taking a strike isn't the worst thing in the world.
ManiacMatt1782 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Top -