Home

Predictable

This is a discussion on Predictable within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0
Predictable

Playing against the CPU lately seems really predicable. Almost every game I have played has followed the same format. The last game I played about an hour ago went like this....

I was pitching a perfect game through 5 innings, low and behold the CPU was pitching a no-hitter (walked one in the first).

Bottom of 6 - The CPU gets 1 run on two 'ole' style hits to my 1rst baseman and 3rd baseman.

Top 7 - I get 1 run on 2 hits to tie it.

In the 8th I go up by two and I just know that in the bottom half the CPU will equal or better my score. Sure enough they get 1 run back and end up loading the bases with 2 outs. I was lucky to pitch out of it and eventually ended up winning 3-2.

But this format goes almost with every game I have played when I play The Show Live. I've never been completely blown out nor have I been able to blow out the CPU. It's always 'I get hits, they get hits', 'I get runs, they get runs'. (my settings are both hitting/pitching on all-star)

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this style of predictability from the game? I may try changing up the difficulty on one side or the other to see if that changes anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Predictable

I don't usually see that kind of game to where it's a pattern - just something that happens now and then.

Granted, I don't play Live. Usually just Franchise with some RTTS mixed in.

More often, I would say I see more "game types" where it's a pitching duel or an offense slugfest. Had a game last night where there 4 hits combined in 6 innings - score was 3-1. Ended up losing 3-2.

Then another where I got blown out 8-1.

But those games happen, so I don't know if the "game type" is seeded, per se, or if it just happens as a matter of vagaries of baseball. I could see how it could be either/both.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

The game after I posted that I won 7 - 3. So maybe I was just in a gameplay rut. lol I was shocked that I put up a 6 run inning against Verlander.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
The game after I posted that I won 7 - 3. So maybe I was just in a gameplay rut. lol I was shocked that I put up a 6 run inning against Verlander.
Maybe the last patched made him suck like he actually does.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

HOF Fame Difficulty, Last Two Games:

Tyson Ross threw 8 2/3 of no hit ball against me in San Diego. The Padres are up 2-0 thanks to a Chase Headley solo shot in the 4th, and a Mike Cameron chalk raising double in the 6th. Tommy La Stella grooves a fastball right back up the middle for my first hit. Freddie Freeman draws a walk. Then Justin Upton puts it in the seats. Kimbrel closes out the home half of the 9th.

The Astros jumped out to a 3-0 lead on me. Singletary hit a solo shot in the second. Dominguez hit a two run double in the 5th off the Crawford Boxes. Ryan Doumit cut it to 3-2 in the 6th with a home run. Then in the 7th, La Stella hit another to tie it. In the 8th, the Stros pulled back ahead on a Springer gapper. Then Qualls came in to close me out. Walked Jason Heyward to lead off the inning. I stole second on an offspeed pitch. Doumit then hit a double to plate Heyward. Later with two outs and Doumit still on second, Marwin Gonzalez robbed Bethancourt of a would be go ahead hit. In the 11th, Doumit drove in Heyward on a sac fly. Kimbrel closed it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't see that exact thing.But the 1 thing I seem to see on a regular basis is anytime i have say men on 2nd and 3rd or I just stole 2nd, the cpu pitcher invariably will happen to walk the next guy to get the force..know matter who is up and what the sore is 9 times out of 10 this happens to me it seems anyone else/

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »