Home

Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm

This is a discussion on Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm

On hall of fame with a monitor is night and day difference. Without monitor I couldn't pull or gap anything. . I bet there are people who struggle hitting and try so hard to figure it out when 70% of the battle is your TV smh
Old 07-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

The input lag this year is horrendous and unacceptable. It's the #1 reason I barely play this year. No way I'm going out to buy a monitor just to play The Show ..... it's just not happening.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #11
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

I remember Guitar Hero III on PS3 had a 'calibrate lag' feature. Basically it had a moving target and you pushed the button when it lined up with a fixed point. The game would compensate (somehow?) for the lag.

For some games, a little bit of lag doesn't really matter, but for something as timing dependent as hitting a baseball, it's critical.

I think this needs to be added to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #12
Rookie

Not all the have had input lag some kids and kiss have pretty good input lag. . But if you play call of duty Battlefield any shooters online you may also want a monitor. If you are serious about these types of games u will love it and I promise u will never regret switching. I thought I'd never be able to go to a 24 inch but I did if and love it. Asus has a sweet 27 inch that's one of the best for less than 200. So check around look into it. They are awesome
Old 07-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #13
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
This is definitely true, but the mileage varies as far as the effect of game mode is concerned. My 42' LED (Sony Bravia) lags too much even if I set the mode properly. People had good things to say about input lag on Plasma TV, but I think they were discontinued about a year ago.

I ended up getting a (gaming) PC monitor with very low input lag and I can no longer play The Show on a regular LED. You cannot see the beautiful graphics on a large screen, but the game plays so much better when you minimize input lag.
*Not true. They haven't stopped seling plasma Tv's. Panasonic stopped making them but other brands still do. I bought a 42'' Panasonic Plasma about a year ago and I have ZERO, nada, none, no input lag/ or lag of any kind whatsoever. It's awesome.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:57 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not sure about older TV's but currently Sony has put more emphasis on less lag and they have the best of 2014 models. Here is a link to cnet on benchmarks for newer models.

http://www.cnet.com/news/game-mode-o...for-input-lag/

In regards to plasma its dead or soon to be. Samsung is closing their last plant in november and recently announced no more plasma. That leaves only LG in USA which good luck with that not a great brand of TV.

If you're looking for sexy smart TV's buy Samsung if you're looking for picture quality Sony is last of a dying breed but remain the best video quality. The Sony 4K is unbelievable and now you can buy a 55 at Best Buy for around 2 grand.

RIP my pioneer elite.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #15
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
This is definitely true, but the mileage varies as far as the effect of game mode is concerned. My 42' LED (Sony Bravia) lags too much even if I set the mode properly. People had good things to say about input lag on Plasma TV, but I think they were discontinued about a year ago.

I ended up getting a (gaming) PC monitor with very low input lag and I can no longer play The Show on a regular LED. You cannot see the beautiful graphics on a large screen, but the game plays so much better when you minimize input lag.
Can you link me to some good gaming monitors? I too used a 42 inch Sony bravia.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #16
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I never gave much thought about it playing MLB on my Panasonic 42" led tv but after 2 games playing MLB on my pc monitor I'm sold on getting a gaming monitor.

I am so terrible at hitting. Using dynamic level and playing the whole Spring Training I never got past Rookie+, even went down to Rookie a little. Just thought wow I'm really bad at hitting. So I decided just to see hook ps4 up to pc monitor. First game I was early on everything and still stayed on Rookie+. Understandable though since my timing was probably used to my tv. Second game I bashed the ball all over the park hitting 4 no doubt HRs. I'm even recognizing pitches now as before I couldn't tell difference between fastball, change, slider, etc...

So after just 2 games I'm up to Veteran for the first time. I know it is just 2 games and need longer sample but I'm still sold on maybe it wasn't me but my tv why I was hitting so bad.

Last edited by NYJin2011tm; 07-27-2014 at 04:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »