Home

Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm

This is a discussion on Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #33
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsonoma
Just ordered!

That monitor looks good. I'm using the play station 24 inch 3d display. Does anyone use that?
Looking at the specs the ps display is 4ms reaction vs the Ben q monitor at 1.
U guys think ill notice a difference between the two monitors?
Old 07-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Don't know if people know this or not, but on a Samsung, if you plug the HDMI into the second connection, port 2, then rename the port pc, and then play on game mode, it makes a huge difference! It is like a new game for me. On the weekly challenge my previous high was about 290,000, ever. Last night after making these changes, my high score instantly became 647,300! I had my highest streak by far and was in total control. I then went to my season and was raking under veteran hitting. I usually am okay at best at this level. If you haven't done this, try it. Do not know if this works on all tv brands, but definitely Samsung.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer813
Don't know if people know this or not, but on a Samsung, if you plug the HDMI into the second connection, port 2, then rename the port pc, and then play on game mode, it makes a huge difference! It is like a new game for me. On the weekly challenge my previous high was about 290,000, ever. Last night after making these changes, my high score instantly became 647,300! I had my highest streak by far and was in total control. I then went to my season and was raking under veteran hitting. I usually am okay at best at this level. If you haven't done this, try it. Do not know if this works on all tv brands, but definitely Samsung.

Thank you for this! I have a samsung plasma, and though I didn't think I had an issue with lag I renamed my hdmi port PC and low and behold I'm early on everything. I do NOT, however play in game mode because I can't stand the fact I can't customize the picture settings and I am very picky about that. I have my tv dialed in and am extremely happy with how real everything looks the picture in game mode looks like you know what. Just changing the name to PC has seemed to make a big difference, thank you!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 01:25 AM   #36
Rookie

Nice. I have a monitor but good *** find!!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:31 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoblue62992
42 inch sharp actually has a gaming mode for the screen
... no lag whatsoever

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You won't noticed if u never played on a monitor it's milliseconds. U will just think it's normal but if u want to a monitor you would see stats rise or b early on everyone
Old 07-31-2014, 01:33 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
That monitor looks good. I'm using the play station 24 inch 3d display. Does anyone use that?
Looking at the specs the ps display is 4ms reaction vs the Ben q monitor at 1.
U guys think ill notice a difference between the two monitors?
Probably not 4ms is great. TV's that are rated good for input lag are 10 20 30ms
Old 07-31-2014, 01:38 AM   #39
Rookie

I think BenQ owes me some commission I just sold them monitors with this thread lol
Old 07-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #40
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I'm amazed millisecs response time can make such a big difference. After being stuck on Rookie or Rookie+ on my 42" Panasonic tv after 30+ games, now in just a handful of games I have risen to Veteran+ and am still knocking the stuffing out of the ball. I see at least Allstar in my future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »