Home

Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm

This is a discussion on Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Monitor / TV input lag is huge in this gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Took a look at the back of the PS4 via the internet and only see DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL). Not too familiar with that output but will look into it.
Yea my Astros came with a optical. The sound of the game is amazing with Dolby and my Astros but there is a headphones input and a few others for sound on monitor
Old 08-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #58
Rookie

Hoosierdaddy76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
The discontinuation of plasmas is some kind of urban legend, I swear. They are superior (especially picture) to LED/LCD in every way but one - they are "fragile". Image retention on newer versions is essentially nonexistent, but you can damage them while moving them if you aren't very careful.

Regardless, my Panasonic plasma has very similar input lag to my monitor - I truly love it for The Show.

Side note: many high quality older plasmas sell for more than their original retail because of the performance and scarcity of good ones.

Edit: Obviously plasmas are in the process of being discontinued (probably within 2 years), which is part of their quasi-collectability. I've heard about it since 2009 though :-P
Couldn't agree more. Was gifted a 40" LED for Christmas and it didn't work out of the box. Returned it the next morning for a slightly more expensive LED from a more reputable manufacturer.

Unfortunately, after two or three weeks the television started showing really bad signs of "dirty screen effect" (it's real, Google it). Thankfully, this was grounds for return from the store and they allowed me to exchange it.

This time I selected a 51" 1080p Samsung Plasma and it eats up any LED I've ever used in terms of screen uniformity and input responsiveness. Also, the colors are every bit as punchy as an LED and it runs at nearly 700mhz screen refresh, compared to 240 emulated at best from LEDs.

I just don't see a single reason to choose LED over plasma, and especially where gaming is concerned. I also don't understand rushing plasmas to obsolescence when LEDs are in no single way obviously superior to plasmas.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:49 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
The discontinuation of plasmas is some kind of urban legend, I swear. They are superior (especially picture) to LED/LCD in every way but one - they are "fragile". Image retention on newer versions is essentially nonexistent, but you can damage them while moving them if you aren't very careful.

Regardless, my Panasonic plasma has very similar input lag to my monitor - I truly love it for The Show.

Side note: many high quality older plasmas sell for more than their original retail because of the performance and scarcity of good ones.

Edit: Obviously plasmas are in the process of being discontinued (probably within 2 years), which is part of their quasi-collectability. I've heard about it since 2009 though :-P
Yea I heard Panasonic Plasmas are sweet almost as good as monitor but you going to pay some Loot for one of them boys
Old 08-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just upgraded my Hdtv after having a sony 46 inch Z series for 6 yrs. DId lot of research, bought a new Sony Hdtv, W950B 55 inch. Input lag is excellent in 17ms n i thought the Show looked and played well before... Colors n depth are amazing n the controls are so much more responsive on my new Sony! I am noticing a lot more of my hits are pulled compared to I use to get bunch of opposite field hits. Loving the Show even more now!!

Last edited by JBoo2911; 08-05-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #61
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm trying out the BenQ. It has some presets for RTS games which make the black colors in MLB the Show look pretty bad in a faded black sort of way. The Standard and Economy presets look better but I'm not sure if these would degrade the performance or not.

EDIT: Things are looking better after enabling RGB Full Range on the PS4.

Last edited by baseballsim; 08-08-2014 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Additional info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 02:41 AM   #62
Rookie

Huge difference huh lol
Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #63
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I went from a sony w900a tv and sony 1030 receiver where I tore the cover off the ball.

The last month I've had a new setup in the living room. A sony xbr850b and sony 1050 receiver and now I can no longer hit. Drives me nuts. My "old" tv had a 23ms lag...the best info I can find on this one is that it has a 40 ms lag. I'm also wondering if the receiver is throwing a little lag in there.

Everything on game mode. Any suggestions to start raking again and hitting the fastball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »