Home

Long time zone hitter, moving to timing. Maybe.

This is a discussion on Long time zone hitter, moving to timing. Maybe. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #89
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Long time zone hitter, moving to timing. Maybe.

hey Gagnon, wanted to check in on ya and your progress with Timing if you made the switch
Old 08-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #90
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
hey Gagnon, wanted to check in on ya and your progress with Timing if you made the switch
I haven't played The Show in the better part of three weeks now, but I ended up sticking with zone for the most part. But I'm still torn.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been using zone since All Star Baseball. I've tried timing, but I like having control over the direction of my swing. I basically eliminate high pitches and just look for stuff middle or down in the zone. Plus it helps me stay under balls when I don't want to hit into a DP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #92
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmreds
I've been using zone since All Star Baseball. I've tried timing, but I like having control over the direction of my swing. I basically eliminate high pitches and just look for stuff middle or down in the zone. Plus it helps me stay under balls when I don't want to hit into a DP.
This is pretty much exactly what I do. I look middle-down in the zone. But herein lies the problem. As any baseball fan knows power hitters (typically) feast on balls up in the zone. I want to be able to hit balls up in the zone and when I'm using the zone hitting interface there's no way I can EVER move the PCI up in time. I can make adjustments down, inside or outside, but not up. For whatever reason. I played a couple games last night and I blasted a home run to straight-away center field with Anthony Rizzo on a pitch that was letter-high. It felt great. I had never done that before.

After all this time I'm honestly still torn on which direction to go here.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 0

I use timing on dynamic difficulty and I dont have a problem. My RTTS is at all star right now and sometimes gets close to reaching Superstar. My RHP contact is 71 power at 51 but my plate vision is at 91.

I started out by maxing out my plate vision first. I think thats the most important attribute in this game for a hitter. I also think it makes a huge difference when you use timing.

Almost all of my swings are really accurate. I hit the ball wherever my swing dictates, the only frustrating part is hitting it right at guys sometimes but thats not in your control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »