Home

Franchise Batting Order Questions !!! how often u switch up batting order ??

This is a discussion on Franchise Batting Order Questions !!! how often u switch up batting order ?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 01:26 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Franchise Batting Order Questions !!! how often u switch up batting order ??

Barring injury and platooning/different lineups via splits, I usually don't change much. I might make changes for guys who are cold, depending on who it is and the ratings difference between the players. If it's Stanton, he's staying in, regardless, but if it's Ozuna, I'll bring in Marisnick or such.

I don't do much changing of the order unless the subs/new player has skills that won't work well where he's currently located. For example, if I have a good base stealer subbed in at #8, I'll move him up and someone use to #8.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Batting Order Questions !!! how often u switch up batting order ??

If I'm playing winning ball then I say don't break it if it's fixed. If I'm in a dry spell then I'll most definitely do a little tinkering.
#44Syracuse
Old 07-31-2014, 10:42 PM   #11
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Franchise Batting Order Questions !!! how often u switch up batting order ??

I like to keep my lineup generally the same if possible. Now that the trade deadline is over I have a feeling that I will restart my franchise with better (more challenging) sliders.

If I have a lot of speed in a player like Hamilton (I use the Tribe so I have Michael Bourn) I will keep him in the #1 spot all the time and if he doesn't hit well with regular swing I will switch to Contact or even bunt just to have a chance at getting on base.

I also always like to have my players swing their way out of a slump if possible. Just makes it all the better when they get back to form. Had that with Yan Gomes in mine. Started the first two months with a .309 avg and 14 HRs. Then by mid June he was batting .215 with 17 HRs. I left him in there and by All Star Break he was up around .280.

Find your groove and roll with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »